• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Ridiculous

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it has to do with early lockdowns with Covid, production slowed way down and then the panic buying began.

FWIW: As of yesterday OSB is now $58, ply $75+ and all plastic and steel either up 40% or non-existent.. Big box store manager told me a number of interesting things. First they are pulling down all tags as prices going up too fast. You ether ask or go into shock at counter. He also says he does NOT go alone when there's a complaint on the floor due to violence potential. Lastly he said they are expecting big drop in construction and home improvement orders as bank loans disappear. Heck I Bought the last log splitter in inventory and was told i was "lucky" to get it at all.

I can easily see MLs and accessories suffering same fate. Think even stuff like a CVA Kentucky two piece stocked kit rifle will average $500+ soon. We are in a transition phase as word about price hikes spreads. Buy what you can while you can still afford it.

Supply and demand. People living in fear, scared they will run out, buying everything they can find. Couple that with decreased supply, due to Covid, lockdown, employee shortages, etc. Truck driver shortages make it hard to get it from point A to B.

There's always a person going to raise the price to see what people will give, the internet makes it easy and anonymous. Folks staying home all day getting on this thing when they would usually be working, all add to increased prices.

It is NOT INFLATION, its Gouging.

FWIW: As of yesterday OSB is now $58, ply $75+ and all plastic and steel either up 40% or non-existent.. Big box store manager told me a number of interesting things. First they are pulling down all tags as prices going up too fast. You ether ask or go into shock at counter. He also says he does NOT go alone when there's a complaint on the floor due to violence potential. Lastly he said they are expecting big drop in construction and home improvement orders as bank loans disappear. Heck I Bought the last log splitter in inventory and was told i was "lucky" to get it at all.

I can easily see MLs and accessories suffering same fate. Think even stuff like a CVA Kentucky two piece stocked kit rifle will average $500+ soon. We are in a transition phase as word about price hikes spreads. Buy what you can while you can still afford it.
That being said, I pretty much purchased everything my wife, son and I need for this sport, and we did that inside of 8 weeks.

That being said, I pretty much purchased everything my wife, son and I need for this sport, and we did that inside of 8 weeks.
Just finished doing that for (hopefully) every item of durable goods ( not just sporting stuff) we needed or will need for a long while. Think most smart folks are doing same as they can. Might help raise economic numbers for a very short time and ensure a big fall off thereafter. Not sure which is worse, High prices or the inability to buy at anyprice?

And THAT is why I'll be changing over to the Polish stuff as soon as I've shot my Swiss.
I've done a side by side comparison with the ZS1 and Swiss 1 in my .40 cal under hammer pistol. The ZS1 is definitely finer (by eye) than the Swiss but a fair bit dustier when you pour it from the tub. I made up phials with 10.5 grains of each and shot them at 25 meters. Normal point of aim and everything else as I usually shoot gave 2 distinct groups, the ZS1 being about an inch lower than the Swiss. There were the usual fliers but nothing out of the ordinary there!
My Brother took some pictures of the targets on his phone and I am waiting for him to send them so I can post them. Interestingly, one of the guys that we shoot with said there was a distinct difference in the sound of the shot? Recoil felt pretty much the same between the two powders but I will carry out a bit more testing with a) My Flint Pistol (.44 cal-30 grains) and b) my Matchlock Pistol (.40 cal-28 grains) and post the results.
Times like this when I wish I had a chronograph!

Back