• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Ridiculous Cap Pricing

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There will be a normal that is not like the normal now. Just like a housing bubble, there will be an ammo bubble. When the bubble pops folks who have purchased 10000 rounds won’t care to purchase more. Someone who has 6 firearms of their choice will not need ten more. Just like there’s folks out there with a spare room of TP. Eventually you’ll be able to buy as much TP as you want. The wild thing about bubbles is how permanent they seem to be. The sucky thing about bubbles is that you can’t get things you need while the bubble lasts.

I don’t think someone is a sucker because they want to continue enjoying their hobby. Sure it makes sense to be looking for value, but the cost is the cost until it’s not the cost.

I just bought 2500 "RWS 1075 plus" from Midway for $167 with shipping, haz mat$12, and sales tax. Ordered on thursday and received today. That's $6.68 per 100 to your door.. I don't know if they have any left. If you don't need that many I'm sure you can sell some to your friends.

I just bought 2500 "RWS 1075 plus" from Midway for $167 with shipping, haz mat$12, and sales tax. Ordered on thursday and received today. That's $6.68 per 100 to your door.. I don't know if they have any left. If you don't need that many I'm sure you can sell some to your friends.

I almost “pulled the trigger” on that one, but I didn’t want to have that many of what could be the wrong caps for my gun.

Sounds correct. I bought 5k for about $280 go my door, but managed to get free shipping. Only add ones were single hazmat fee and state sales tax. Challenge now is to use them all, plus the current inventory.

Gentlemen,
22lrreloader has a tap o cap type cap maker. Looks better turned than my tap-o-cap. Look them up that may help.
David

SDS:
I agree, we just have to shoot more.
Ponderosaman:
They are magnum caps and should work on almost any gun, definitely on rifles and shotguns, I don't know about cap and balls.
If you're worried they are too tight you can take a little off the nipple by putting the nipple in a drill and holding a file to the side of the nipple, check the fit often. A nipple is a consumable item and replacing/filing it does not make it not stock.

Last edited:
There is a solution QUIT giving into the thieving corporations and venders the all screw us over with the shipping prices and fake hazmat charges its amazing how Graffs can only charge the minimum for hazmat shipping but the rest of the crooks charge for every item and with other venders charging $8 and up for shipping a 1/8 inch screw or spring that could be mailed in a envelope,so keep feeding these crooks and they will keep doing it to everyone.There are enough of us to help out each other and stop the crooks from screwing us over.

Back