• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Richland Arms???

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsasc

32 Cal
Reaction score
General questions.... I have been dragging around this Richland Arms 50 cal. Flintlock rifle for close to 30 years taking a spot in one of my safes and know really nothing about it. Says Blissfield, MI. But made in Italy. Serial number is 5122. It has a capital AC in a Box on one of the flats, I assume a date code of some kind. The numbers 1764 stamped on the lock And comes with a set trigger. I have no real interest in shooting a Flintlock rifle And want to find out some information about it in case I decide to move it along to a new owner. Any help and info would be appreciated.

Entry level gun imported during the mid 70's. About the same price range as the CVA and Ultra-Hi rifles of the day but at best a 1850's style rifle. Haven't seen one in many years so can't really comment about the quality but it was entry level.

I don't know about entry level or not but I just happened to find one just like mine In same condition that sold in early February on GB for $600 with a penny start and 48 bids??

I don't know about entry level or not but I just happened to find one just like mine In same condition that sold in early February on GB for $600 with a penny start and 48 bids??
Well, guns, especially black powder guns have about dried up and now are selling for at least twice as much as they were two years ago.

I would not call my Richland Arms Hawken style rifle entry level. Exact same gun as the other Investarms Hawkens produced for Bass Pro, Lyman, etc........in fact mine has really nice grain in the stock and is quite attractive!! Greg

I can't comment on Richland Arms specifically. Threads about them pop up on this forum from time to time, but I believe your best sources for information might be old Gun Digests or the Black Powder Blue Book. I think Richland may have been best known for their revolvers. However, a forum member posted about a Richland single-shot pistol recently. I didn't know they made flintlock rifles.

The two letters in the box stamped on your gun are indeed a date code. The AC indicates the weapon was made in the year 1977. If you find the letters PN, those are for "polvera negra," Italian for "black powder." They indicate the propellant your gun was intended to use, but have nothing to do with the date code.

It would be great if you could post some pictures. As noted previously, I don't know much about Richland Arms, but I'm always ready to learn something useful.

Best regards,

Notchy Bob

Back