• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Richland Arms Colt

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RhinoDave

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I am looking at this Gun and would appreciate any information as to the quality and value of it. It looks like a 1860 Army model 44 cal. but with a full fluted cylinder. It is a Spanish made gun but I didn't get a look at the makers mark. The gun looks to be in excellent condition and is nice and tight. Thanks. Dave.

I just bought the Italian Uberti version of this same revolver in charcoal blue finish. The fluted cylinders are interesting, yielding the lightest-weight .44 we have. Very accurate!

If you get the Spanish one, I wish you good smoke...I don't know anything about that maker. Perhaps someone else will be able to offer an opinion.

Good luck!

Dave

Richland Arms was a importer located in Blissfield, MI. They apparently went out of business in 1994.

They imported a number of different revolvers and a few rifles.

As for the Spanish manufacturer I don't know of any who produced revolvers.
Even CVA, who imported all of their long rifles from Spain imported my Colt 3rd Model Dragoon from Italy.

My Blue Book of Modern Black Powder Values indicates that Richland Arms pistols are in the lower middle of the prices given for revolvers offered by the various makers/importers.

Last fall I picked up several plastic tins(?) of caps marked Richland Arms. Paid a whole buck a tin for them. I have emtpied 3 so far and they all seemed to work fine. Just interesting that they may be 16 years old or older.

I believe "Santa Barbara" who is known for their high quality 1858 Remington is from Spain. I don't know if they ever made a 1860 colt Army.

E.N. Santa Barbara is the only Spanish made percussion revolver that I have ever come across. They were imported by CVA but I have never seen one with the CVA logo. Their Remington New Model Army is of the highest quality of most any of the replicas. They produced a plain, not engraved model but also three grades of engraving. Engraving appears to be cut, not eched or rolled. The Remington is the only model they manufactured.

They are very collectable and have seen a steady increase in price when they appear for sale.

I'm surprised I didn't notice this topic earlier. I've got a Richland Arms, Blissfield Michigan, imported .44 Colt Army revolver with a fully fluted cylinder that I bought back in the late '70's. My first cap & ball revolver, in fact.

It's required the replacement of several springs over the years, but it's served me faithfully for the three decades I've had it. I still take it out and it shoots just as well as it ever did. Obviously I've been very pleased with mine.

Back