• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Richland Arms .44

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is an outstanding idea! Never considered using drill bits as pin gauges! Love this place.

Not home at the moment where my calipers are…brought it with me to play with in the evening. Gonna try shooting the .395 balls with .02 patches. They seem to press fit well.

The .410 balls are giving me 3-4” groups at 20 yards. I’d like a little better than that.

The grooves are very shallow IMO…these pistols likely date to the 70’s or 80’s. Could they have been built for slugs?

I will post a pic of the flintlock also when I get home. They both balance and point nicely.
Does your pistol have a date stamp on it. I have an Intercontinental Arms .44 Kentuckian that looks very close to yours and it has an XXIII on the barrel which is 1967.

Pics. First is the flint gun, very impressed with these L&R RPL locks.

Second is a couple of each muzzle. The grooves seem way too shallow to me. Can’t really catch my finger nail on them the way I can on any of my other pistols.

Tried .395, .410 and .426 balls with patches of .01, .015 and .02. Charges with all the above at 30 and 40 grains.

Shooting at 20 yards the best “groups” I could get were patterns at 5-6”. With occasional wild fliers. I don’t think these bores are grabbing the patch and stabilizing the balls at all.

At my wits end. Barrels may be on the way to Mr Hoyt on Monday.

1FE08C84-D51E-4A06-8DBD-FCF3FE70483C.jpeg
246CF7DF-6D1C-47B0-918A-2AB7877C2DA4.jpeg
A93B0738-4860-4E09-8F6B-1911AEC44BA8.jpeg
0CA9E32F-13DF-416D-BC10-53EF97A4A9C6.jpeg

Latest posts

Back