Richard Robicheaux

Discussion in 'Share Your Persona' started by Rickey Brown, Jul 29, 2014.

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum by donating:

1. Jul 29, 2014 #1

Rickey Brown

Rickey Brown

Rickey Brown

40 Cal.

Since I belong to a French La. post of 1750 or so I portray a former coureurs de bois now to old to tramp the woods. Instead I now hang around the post, making and sharpening edged tools and weapons, making and repairing leather goods and doing some hunting .
    My problem is I'm not of French decent and don't have the swarthy looks. Instead I'm a red haired fair complected of Scots decent.
    So I was born in 1690 or so, not real sure, in Virginia colony to former indentured servant parents. My real name was Richard Robertson. At around the age of 10 our small settlement was attacked by the Cherokee, my parents were killed and I was taken captive. A French coureur named Francois and his Cherokee wife adopted me. They named me "Rishard" Robicheaux. I was sent to a missionary school where I learned French. I too became a trader and could speak English, French and Cherokee. This made me very successful in the trade with the natives. I started branching out and traded with first the Chickessaw and then the Choctaw. As I got older and the threat of war with England loomed I moved farther west and south ending up in the Louisianne territory.First at Natchez then south to Istrouma post. Now at almost 60 years of age with arthritis and rhuematism setting in I stay around the post, sitting in the sun and telling the young marines how it was in the old days. I donated an old grinding wheel to the post and they rigged it up to be used. I sharpen knives axes and hawks at the post and ease around the surrounding swamp and woods doing a little hunting.

2. Jul 29, 2014 #2

tenngun

tenngun

tenngun

Cannon

A lot of French are fair skinned and red haired. The people who we first meet in what is now france and written about histoicly are the gauls. In latin g is pronounced with a c sound making it 'cauls' the same stock as the celts of briten and irerland. We know little about the pre celtic people of france going back to the ice age. But after them came the germatic invasions of the first century b c and the 4th century ad. When the germans hit britan many celts fled in to britiny. Then came the Vikings and after the norman invasion lots of English came to live in france. For a long chunk of history the best part of france was ruled by the English. Then for a big chunk france made common cause with Scotland and scots flowed back and forth. Boys and girls being boys and girls lots of little babies ended up looking very fair, very red headed very north.
    Celts made their way well in to Italy. In classical times 'rufus'...red or red haired was a common name. Sulla was known to be 'strawberry' blond and ceaser dictator was blond....So much for even swathy Italians.

3. Jul 29, 2014 #3

Rickey Brown

Rickey Brown

Rickey Brown

40 Cal.

My ancestors actually were Highland Scots of clan Robertson of Virginia all 4 sides of my grandparents go back to within 100 miles of each other in Va. and three of the 4 are Highland Scots. One, The Morrisons are lowland Scots from Normandy as Morris is a form of Maurice so I go with the flow to explain why I'm here. Actually The Robertsons/Hardisons moved from Tn/Ky to Missouri then here. The Morrisons to Ga. then Tx and the Otwells from Ga to here

4. Jul 30, 2014 #4

tenngun

tenngun

tenngun

Cannon

Some of my ancestors were also scots. They went off to follow young Charly and ended up sold as indentured sevans in connitcut, That was the second German George that ran them out of thier homes...Though we were there to help teach his boy a leson about 30 years later.
    My line aint pure scots, I have Irish, German and even some of those folks from south scotland, the ones who have London as thier capital.Looking at my skin color and general build I spect a norse or two showed up in my line.

5. Aug 2, 2014 #5

Treestalker

Treestalker

Treestalker

45 Cal. MLF Supporter

One of my ancestors named William Johnson came to Port Royal, Nova Scotia with the British army from Scotland in 1710. 6'6" with blue eyes and 'Flaming red hair', he wound up marrying a French lady Isabella Corporon and lived with the French after that. He was called Guillaume Jeansonne by them. Your persona is remarkably close. His descendants wound up in Louisiana also. You can Google him. Treestalker. :thumbsup: :hatsoff:

6. Aug 2, 2014 #6

tenngun

tenngun

tenngun

Cannon

Louis Lamore wrote a book about the middle ages called the walking drum. Very fun typical lamore story. He did make a good point in it. He said words to the effect that if you ask where a person is from he will tell you where some of his ancestors lived a thousand years ago, ignorinring other lines that got in. Humans love playing mix and match. Sailors, traviling trading companies,vikings, expatiots, ambasador staffs envoys ect ect all messed up our pedigerres.

7. Aug 4, 2014 #7

Treestalker

Treestalker

Treestalker

45 Cal. MLF Supporter

You're sure right Tenngun, In doing my folk's geneology, I have found I am descended from over 30 nationalities, as far back and including Rome, Carthage, ancient Troy, and the list keeps getting longer! Told my Wife because of some of my european royalty ancestors(direct descendant) that I was probably the rightful Dauphin of France! She said I could kiss her royal Bohemian grits! (Just can't get any respect from the peasantry anymore, Ha!) Treestalker. :thumbsup: :hatsoff:

8. Aug 7, 2014 #8

Ken Cormier

Ken Cormier

Ken Cormier

50 Cal.

My Grandmother Cormier is 2nd gen off the blarny boat out of Ireland go figure

9. May 15, 2015 #9

Rickey Brown

Rickey Brown

Rickey Brown

40 Cal.

my girlfriend traced my ancestry and told me " I was whiter than bleached rice"

10. May 17, 2015 #10

Alden

Alden

Alden

Cannon

Yeah Henry, all kidding aside, just be New French already, find some natives, and enjoy yourself raping and pillaging in America.

Swarthy? LOL Even the real Spaniards weren't "swarthy."