• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD RH .45 "Hatfield" style flintlock rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
A few years ago, I did a complete rebuild on a Pedersoli Blue Ridge rifle I had. It was converted from a .36 to a .45 and from a caplock to a flintlock. In addition the stock was completely slimmed down, and brass furniture added, including a patchbox with a button (on the comb) operated latch. A Chambers flintlock was installed. Davis triggers were used. The barrel rebore was done by Bobby Hoyt in .45 with a 1-56 round bottom groove. In short, there's very little left of the original gun and I look at it as more of a real gun build from parts.

If you care to review the entire process and comments along the way by members of this forum, here's a link to the Gun Builder's Forum where I lay it out step by step.

https://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/threads/pedersoli-frontier-rebuild-underway.98605/

As stated in my posts back then, I took this project on to see what could be done with this production gun and while my original intent was to turn it into something for my wife, she just did not have the interest in it and so I left it with the original 14" LOP which would suit me. But, I'm kinda stuck on my .54's, so am putting this one up for sale. I just wanted anyone who might have interest know the background.

The transformed gun specs are:

Rebored original barrel to .45 with 1-56 twist round bottom grooves by Bobby Hoyt. The patent breech was cut off and a new plug and tang installed.
Overall Length 54”
Weight is 6.2#
Chambers Flint Lock built from his Builder’s Lock
Finish: No stain. 4 coats of Boiled Linseed Oil Hot Rubbed in over several days. 5 Coats of TruOil rubbed back. Johnson’s Furniture Paste Wax. Barrel & Lock left in the white.

For anyone wanting to see ALL of the transformation pictures, here's a link,

https://www.flickr.com/photos/100435142@N08/albums/72157650877821348

but posted below are the final pictures of the finished product along with the one target I shot to see how it worked. That target shows the results of the one and only load I put in it, so I think someone doing a real load workup could tighten that up even more. I have a left over bag of nearly 100 of the .445 cast balls (from ToTW) and Eastern Maine pre-cut unlubed shooting patches that will go with it. I also have a Lyman .440 steel ball mold I'll send along in case the buyer wants to mold a few up to try those in it.

Asking price is $950 shipped in the lower 48 where legal.

31936547933_478faf05c0_k.jpg

32709899886_998867796a_k.jpg

32709842386_96ed9f239d_k.jpg

32709919756_75dcbd2896_k.jpg

32597413022_7f76a6de09_k.jpg

32823193817_79b4a2447e_k.jpg

I remember that topic. What I don't remember is if you still have the .36 barrel. Do you? I already have a .45 Pedersoli, it doesn't get shot much as most of my hunting is with the smoothbores, but a .36 would be handy for squirrels.

I remember that topic. What I don't remember is if you still have the .36 barrel. Do you? I already have a .45 Pedersoli, it doesn't get shot much as most of my hunting is with the smoothbores, but a .36 would be handy for squirrels.

He had the 36 barrel rebored to 45 caliber by Bobby Hoyt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back