• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Revolving Rifle Project

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So, I picked up a Uberti revolving carbine. Percussion, of course. These have 18" barrels. The original Remington revolving carbines came with 24", 26" and 28" barrels. I am of the mind to have a 28" barrel made and fabricate a forestock like I saw on a recent auction example. In order to keep all of my extremities intact, I will fit one of those unmentionable thingys in it. Anyone know a barrel maker who could do the work? Photo of project piece for reference.
20230205_200516.jpg
RR_p29_1.jpg

You may have to buy a rifled blank and have one of the smiths who rebarrel the Remington revolvers finish the work for you. BTW, you do know that the loading lever for the carbines is much longer than the revolver lever which Uberti uses?

You may have to buy a rifled blank and have one of the smiths who rebarrel the Remington revolvers finish the work for you. BTW, you do know that the loading lever for the carbines is much longer than the revolver lever which Uberti uses?
It won't be quite right, but will serve. And the Cool Factor makes up for any design flaws.

Don't bother with the "un-mentionable thingy" it won't save your forearm. The bbl-cyl gap will still spit hot gas and crud. If you wish to shoot those carbines with a foreward hold, use a leather Bracer/arm guard.

So, I picked up a Uberti revolving carbine. Percussion, of course. These have 18" barrels. The original Remington revolving carbines came with 24", 26" and 28" barrels. I am of the mind to have a 28" barrel made and fabricate a forestock like I saw on a recent auction example. In order to keep all of my extremities intact, I will fit one of those unmentionable thingys in it. Anyone know a barrel maker who could do the work? Photo of project piece for reference.
View attachment 196008View attachment 196010
That's awesome.

Don't bother with the "un-mentionable thingy" it won't save your forearm. The bbl-cyl gap will still spit hot gas and crud. If you wish to shoot those carbines with a foreward hold, use a leather Bracer/arm guard.
Looking into ways to fabricate forestock to minimize this. I should have downloaded the auction photos of the example I saw. Now I can't find it.

Years back I had a chance to fire one of those. Didn't like it. Stuff sprayed out of the cylinder gap every time I fired it. Safety/shooting glasses are an absolute "must" with those things.

Back