Revolver Stocks

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

rodwha

58 Cal.
Reaction score
The attachable stocks for these revolvers all seem to be a bit short placing the gun a bit closer to your face. I always wondered why not place it out there at arms length so that the sights also work optimally. But with a “short” barrel I can see during a close up battle that a shorter stock might make it swing a little easier. Does anyone know why they’re a bit short?

Reaction score
Average height for american men in 1860 was 5.5 in. short/tall. Rifle stocks would have a shorter L.O.P. than today rifles for such tiny people...

Reaction score
People were very tiny back then. 5’ 6” today is considered minuscule for a grown man but back then it was actually the norm.

rodwha

58 Cal.
Reaction score
I don't know how much longer you would want them to be. My ASM 1860 Army has a LOP (trigger-to-buttplate center) of 15-3/4".

View attachment 65990

Regards,

Jim
I don’t even know how one would fit me, though by the sounds of it just fine since I’m 5’ 8”, but I’ve all too often read people complaining about them being short.

Pietro

40 Cal
Reaction score
Don't believe everything you read on the internet - even though we all know it's the truth.... :doh:

There's many more online posts by folks with issues than the many more folks who don't post about no issues.

I try to keep in mind the old adage: "It's a poor workman who blames his tools."