• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Revolver photos

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The top 3 are 44
What model of 1858 is it?
Third from top is a Pietta sheriff. The third from the bottom is a Pietta brass frame I put brass black on
After looking close could see it was a 5 1/2 inch barrel like the Sheriff. The Navy looks the same but the barrel is about 3/4 inch longer. Have you shot the sheriff and if so how did you like it as a shooter?

My pair of newly acquired Colt 1851s...
Colt 1851 Pair.jpg

This is a LeMat Cavalry, the box that came with it says Navy Arms but I do not see any markings on the revolver that says who made it, only an SN by the trigger guard.
And as my other posts say, I cannot locate any caps #10 or #11 but I did measure the nipple at .166 and the height at .165 so CCI # 11 is what I think I need. I will try .22 LR cut. then will have to make my own with a punch if the .22 LR don't work.
I have not fired this one yet. I may just display it and purchase a Walker .44 to shoot regular with.

Le Mat Cavalry.jpg

Had the holster and belt custom made. Left cross draw.
IMG_2641.jpg

This is a LeMat Cavalry, the box that came with it says Navy Arms but I do not see any markings on the revolver that says who made it, only an SN by the trigger guard.
And as my other posts say, I cannot locate any caps #10 or #11 but I did measure the nipple at .166 and the height at .165 so CCI # 11 is what I think I need. I will try .22 LR cut. then will have to make my own with a punch if the .22 LR don't work.
I have not fired this one yet. I may just display it and purchase a Walker .44 to shoot regular with.

View attachment 247235

Had the holster and belt custom made. Left cross draw.
View attachment 247236
I would figure out a way to shoot that sumbitch.

There are caps available on line from reputable vendors.

Heck I would give you some caps if you were closer just to help out.

I bought over 40 revolvers last year, and I realize I may have too many, lol

these modern facsimiles are merely collectible to me (unfired) because I fire my original Colts (mid-1800s vintage)

View attachment 192840
View attachment 192842
Nice collection !!
Nice to be among fellow forum members who also enjoy shooting their historical firearms.
Relic shooter

Auldjin,
Your screen name makes me smile!
That's just how my mate from Castle Douglas would say it!

Good to have the comparison, and thank you! Does yours have a retailer?
Can I ask how you like the double trigger?
To me, it's the best thing since sliced bread.
The comparison above also shows yours to be in much better condition. Congrats on finding it, or it finding you!

This is a Fourth model I used to own.
Different rammer again.View attachment 181274View attachment 181275
Tranter double trigger (3).JPG

Sorry, I just realised I did not answer your question about the retailer!

Misplaced a stainless trigger pivot screw so I threw in some blued spares I have! Kinda digging the look

Attachments

• 740D3640-E91C-4407-972E-DF6A5F4BB13A.jpeg
    740D3640-E91C-4407-972E-DF6A5F4BB13A.jpeg
    7.6 MB · Views: 0
IMG_20230829_183419856_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230829_183551809_HDR.jpg

Here are my two revolvers plus other pistols. I bought the Remington a few years ago from a young man who had only shot it a few times then decided cap-n-ball was not for him.
The Colt I bought new in 1974, for $74.95.
I bought the derringer a couple of years ago because I wanted a pistol like the one Booth assisted Lincoln with. Mine is very close, lacking a butt cap which I plan to add.
The second pic shows my two flintlock pistols. The top one is an Avon, with the smelly stuff still inside. The other one is a cheap plastic toy.

Back