• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Revolver photos

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 6 right now, I guess I need to go through them and decide which to retain and which to divest
Hey, if they’re good… I’m pretty particular though, I shoot everything I own and I really appreciate functionality and attention to details in replicas. I’ve heard over the years from all of the Centaure fans when I offer a criticism of their favorites. They’ll swear they're as good as original Colts, maybe better, given advances in metallurgy and manufacture and maybe they are. I just haven’t seen it… Someone else is getting the good ones!

I have 6 right now, I guess I need to go through them and decide which to retain and which to divest
Btw, I’m surprised that you would consider divesting… they do have as much or really more investment potential as any well cared for replica. For me, much of my interest is based on the function. Example, I have a pistol in the cabinet. Looks pretty good and has the best walnut grips I’ve ever seen from a factory. Really really nice 👍 the gun looks great! Doesn’t shoot or function well at all. I sent it out for a massage and lo and behold it’s no more functional than when I sent it away. Groups around 4” at 25 yards no matter what I feed it, fouls quickly and is just fussy plus the form, particular to that brand, is only a rough kind of clumsy approximation of the originals. Now this pistol has been oohed and cooed over since I got it but that purty handgun is just ugly to me. I’ve considered dumping it but I don’t think I could because I‘d feel like I was passing a pig in a poke.

Rambling again, nothing to do with your situation… It’s an old age thing I’m afraid…

Btw, I’m surprised that you would consider divesting… they do have as much or really more investment potential as any well cared for replica. For me, much of my interest is based on the function. Example, I have a pistol in the cabinet. Looks pretty good and has the best walnut grips I’ve ever seen from a factory. Really really nice 👍 the gun looks great! Doesn’t shoot or function well at all. I sent it out for a massage and lo and behold it’s no more functional than when I sent it away. Groups around 4” at 25 yards no matter what I feed it, fouls quickly and is just fussy plus the form, particular to that brand, is only a rough kind of clumsy approximation of the originals. Now this pistol has been oohed and cooed over since I got it but that purty handgun is just ugly to me. I’ve considered dumping it but I don’t think I could because I‘d feel like I was passing a pig in a poke.

Rambling again, nothing to do with your situation… It’s an old age thing I’m afraid…
I bought over 40 revolvers last year, and I realize I may have too many, lol

these modern facsimiles are merely collectible to me (unfired) because I fire my original Colts (mid-1800s vintage)

Colt percussion revolvers.jpg

Colt 1860 & Colt 1862.jpg

Auldjin, are those all originals? do you shoot them???
Yes they are all originals. Being in the UK they are not fired. The better preserved London Navy was still loaded when my father acquired it, He took it down to the station range and unloaded it the quick way. Even after 70 odd years (it was in the 30s) every shot fired.

Bad Karma: Yes, it is a Centaure Pocket Army Model.
They were made by the Belgians during the early 1960s on special order only.
Total production over three (3) variations was ca. 30 specimens only.
1st variation: 3-screw frame w/o notches in the recoil shield, silver plated grip frame, rebated cylinder with Centaure proprietary naval scene.
2nd variation is pictured above: 3-screw frame w/o notches in the recoil shield, silver plated grip frame, fully fluted cylinder
3rd variation: 3-screw frames with notches in the recoil shield, rebated cylinder w/o engraving.
Long Johns Wolf

I have four bp handguns. A single shot Ky, in .45 cal, a Pietta 1851 navy, and a1860 Army in .44, and a 1858 Uberti new army I guess is what it is. I don't shoot them as much as I'd like to as the arthritis in the fingers makes the caps hard to get on the nipples. Mostly I get them out an look at them every once in a while.

Back