• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Revolver photos

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Avatar revolver, an Uberti 1860, with it's "fantasy" brother, a Pietta 1851 brasser in 44. Followed with another "fantasy" revolver I wanted for some time, an Uberti 1858 in stainless steel. I can't afford originals, so I am stuck with repros that I don't feel bad about shooting or carrying.
How's the accuracy of the stainless one. Also is it way hitting high? I'm probably buying one Friday.

1F23EE37-EE27-4223-8A58-9377D3EC6713.jpeg
0EBEB36A-6328-4AF2-9601-71EB624A1411.jpeg

still trying to make friends with the new Pietta 1858. only put 48 rounds through her so far but its starting to click a bit better. View attachment 169547

They are really good guns. I have 2 Euroarms '58's small grips, Bealls style, and my '58 SS Pietta. Nice big grips and heavier all around.

Attachments

• IMG_1125.JPG
    IMG_1125.JPG
    143.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0679.jpg
    IMG_0679.jpg
    324.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0678.jpg
    IMG_0678.jpg
    321.3 KB · Views: 0
I had one as a teenager and shot the heck out of it but that was 45 years ago......

They are really good guns. I have 2 Euroarms '58's small grips, Bealls style, and my '58 SS Pietta. Nice big grips and heavier all around.
Thanks For that toxic masculinity photo Lee… lovin it, only one way to protect against the bad guys and that’s to be badder!
Bad Karma
I know this is not the place but I have to show you my latest find. Made between 1909 and 1912 making it at least 110 years old. H&R 2cnd variation large frame .38 S&W five shot. It was missing grips, I got repros for $25, and missing one coil spring for SA sear, I had in parts bin. Listed as non functional. Purchased on auction for $31.00, shipping and handling cost more than pistol. Repaired and shoots just fine. The holster cost more than revolver. A companion for my 1851 Pietta with Defender .38 S&W conversion kit.
I like that, you’re one of the luckier people I know… Dang what a cute little shooter! I used to have an M60 Chiefs special .38. Nifty little guy and I miss it. Might need to find one of those to replace it instead. I’ve always liked top breakers. I once tuned up a DAO .38 Enfield for a woman who needed something to dissuade her lowlife ex husband. Good DA pull and 158 gr swc’s loaded to around 800 fps seemed like it would be helpful. Fortunately her ex also heard from some of the fellows that he wasn’t welcome anymore and took it to heart. Semper FI.

Really like the middle one, looks like it could be a well kept original.

BTW @Horse thanks for starting a great thread! (With a fluted Army top and center no less.) Well done.

Remington 1858 New Army - the real deal, it was made in August of 1864. Condition is fair, the bore is still surprisingly nice with good rifling.

Steve
I love originals. They feel just so right in your hands. My problem is there are so many to choose from and the retirement wallet is not that deep anymore. One day, one day.
BK I may change my avatar to the Toxic photo. SF and Happy Birthday my brother.

Attachments

• 01G430ZSK22QWW9P1FTVYSGRPD.jpeg
    01G430ZSK22QWW9P1FTVYSGRPD.jpeg
    359 KB · Views: 0
How's the accuracy of the stainless one. Also is it way hitting high? I'm probably buying one Friday.
Shoots OK, but I've only put four cylinders through her so far. Shot from standing at approximately 10 yards, seemed a little low. My son seemed to shoot it better than I can, but he is a wizard with handguns.

Attachments

• On the Line 7.jpg
    On the Line 7.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 0
  • On the Line 4.jpg
    On the Line 4.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 0
  • On the Line 8.jpg
    On the Line 8.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back