• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

revolver holsters

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it will stretch to a nice fit real fast. Already mine is sliding in and out real nice.

Now I just need to go out and practice my fast draw! :rotf:

Hey Guys,

I'd like to thank Doc Arroyo for postin' my website here. The Muzzleloading Forum is chocked full of good info. I'm goin' to be spendin' a lot of time here. (I made a reproduction of an 1820s Hawken .54 flintlock from parts from Track. It keeps shattering flints, so I'm hopin' to find the fix somewhere in this forum.) Anyway, hits on my website lead me here.

While my patterns can be a starting point for building holsters, I don't think any of them can be used for Dragoons. However, if anyone wants a little insight into how to make their own holster pattern for their hog leg, then add some elements from my patterns, I'd be happy to take any questions, even if I have to make up the answers. Email me at: [email protected]

Also, I'm starting a line of gun belt buckles, that can also be worn as 1 1/2" pant buckles. They are authentically styled and would fit in most places. Among them will be a reproduction of Geronimo's gun belt buckle, and the buckle worn by Clint Eastwood in "The Outlaw Josse Wales". The first of the buckles will be goin' to the foundry later this week, so it will be awhile before I have any on the market. But, keep yer eyes pealed, 'cause good authentic buckles have been kind'a scarce.

Will

TANSTAAFL said:
Be interesting when mine arrives, states it is made for the target model, the regular 1858 holster at Cabelas is 18.00, versus the $20.00 for this one. The target holster appears more slender than other one and will be a tight fit, maybe too bloody tight.

i211074sm01.jpg

Remington Leather Holster Reg Price:
$17.99

i212561sm01.jpg

Army Target Black-Powder Holster
$19.99
Tan,

You may have just ordered the '58 Buffalo holster for the 12" barreled Pietta...that's just what mine looks like! Just got the holster less than a week ago!

It's thin looking due to the length, compared with the holster for the regular 8" barreled revolver. I'm at work now and when I get home, I'll dig-out the holster and write down the spec number and do another post for you.

Dave

You may have just ordered the '58 Buffalo holster for the 12" barreled Pietta...that's just what mine looks like! Just got the holster less than a week ago!

Don't think so, here is link, and the price is now up a couple of bucks.
[url] http://www.cabelas.com/cabela...Ntx=mode+matchall&Nty=1&Ntt=21-2561&noImage=0[/url]

And this is the only army target model I found listed.
[url] http://www.cabelas.com/cabela...age=0&_requestid=127890&_requestid=74553[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
TANSTAAFL said:

Don't think so, here is link, and the price is now up a couple of bucks.
[url] http://www.cabelas.com/cabela...Ntx=mode+matchall&Nty=1&Ntt=21-2561&noImage=0[/url]

And this is the only army target model I found listed.
[url] http://www.cabelas.com/cabela...&noImage=0&_requestid=127890&_requestid=74553[/url]
Tan,

The photo in the link to Cabela's shows the longer holster, but the description says it's for the regular 8" barrel. This happens all of the time, especially when the only difference is in the length of the holster, as the snaps and hardware are the same. So we're both right :blah: .

Cabela's sells a Walker holster in the same style, with identical features, for less than $20.00 American...I have that one too!

Good luck with yours!

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
The photos above look exactly like the one I just got from Track of the Wolf. I recieved it for $20 shipped. I am happy with it.

I didn't weed through the 65 posts above, so if this is a repeat please pardon.

I have custom holsters made by Walt Sippel at Leather Creek Holsters. He'll work with you within his available models to give you the options you want. Delivery in 2-3 weeks. Very well made, at give away prices for custom and a nice gent to do business with. He has pictures and specs to compare with usually either on Ebay or via email. Worth a looksee.

[email protected]
or
[email protected]

leather_creek_holsters on Ebay when he has some listed there.

Just a thought.....

The picture with the Texas Ranger John R.I.P. Ford - I've seen a guy wear his gun like that in a CAS shoot, except it was just one open holster. He was right handed and would stand sideways with his left side facing the target, he had the fastest draw.

Maybe that Texas Ranger was ambidextrous with his Dragoons and used them some what as described above. For example opening the holster flap with his closest hand and drawing the gun with the other hand to shoot sideways, that would cover his left, right side pretty good and of course his front too.

Great picture Gray Wolf. :thumbsup:

Back