Retired but not tired

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Gasser

32 Cal
Reaction score
I’ve always been creative in making things or fixing broken ones . Took up the hobby of making black powder rifles years ago and currently making another now. Like to learn new things from other people so this site looks great.

sussexmuzllodr

45 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve always been creative in making things or fixing broken ones . Took up the hobby of making black powder rifles years ago and currently making another now. Like to learn new things from other people so this site looks great.
Some of the advice here is fantastically valuable...Great Site.
SM

Treestalker

45 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Well, Howdy do! welcome from Rackensack (Arkansas). You'll probably love it here on the Forum, lots of tinkerers, and friendship abounds. Please share your building adventures! Geo.

Gasser

32 Cal
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the kind invite. Presently working on my third 50 cal underhammer. Finishing butt this week and cut out fore arm later. Using green mtn 1:28 twist on home made machined breech. Make stocks from slabs of local walnut trees. Self made 3d stock duplicator for underhammers and sold semi finished blanks to guy in Washington. Presently looking for trigger and hammer to complete my project. Will add pics when more familiar with site.

Barry Strickland

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I am glad to hear we have another underhammer guy here! You will find a this site a valuable source of information and some misinformation!!!

RonRC

45 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome, Sir!
As a late starter in this muzzleloader activity, this site was indispensable for my education and stimulation.
Ron

Mark Herman

40 Cal
Reaction score
Gasser,
If you are using H&A type actions contact Deer Creek in Waldron Indiana, they vary the hammer, triggers and springs as well as actions and complete pistols and rifles.

Gasser

32 Cal
Reaction score
I gave them a ring. Wanted tobsell entire action. I just need trigger now and may make one. Had local machinist make actions. Made about 50 for some else who backed out of deal. Don’t know what happened to actions ad i moved. Thanks for the heads up. I make my own stocks. Made a duplicator and copied a roughed out stock. Finished butt stock today. Make forearm later.

Latest posts