• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Retailers that stock BP revolvers

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkItZero

36 Cl.
Reaction score
Been thinking lately of getting either a Walker or a Dragoon, I know of Taylors and Midway. Cabelas only carries the more mundane 1851/1860/remington models. What other retailers would you check before giving your card number?

I have found that Midway will lower the price of their Dragoon revolvers if you give them a shout and see if they will lower the price. They want to sell iron. Last September I did the same and got a Whitneyville Hartford Dragoon for $360, and the current price is about $425. Give them a nudge via their contact info. I have seen them do it twice before, and if they want to move guns, it might happen again.

Regards,

Jim

I have done business with the Possibles Shop in the past. The owner was pleasant to deal with, and I think fair priced. If he is still in business, you might look at his site. :cool:

Check out the specials at EMF co....Visit Dixie if you can. You may hand select your guns checking out 2 or 3 at a time if you are mature and polite. Bring your bore light, calipers,clean rag, reading glasses,etc...

Been thinking lately of getting either a Walker or a Dragoon, I know of Taylors and Midway. Cabelas only carries the more mundane 1851/1860/remington models. What other retailers would you check before giving your card number?
Check some of the dealers on gunbroker. I’ve seen good deals from them occasionally.

Ended up ordering a Walker from Midway. Dixie gun works has a sale on uberti dragoons, unfortunately they don't actually have any in stock...

On a side note Midway's "only x left!". Appears not just to be a phony sales tactic, the number did go down by one as I placed my order.

I never said the 1851 Navy, 1860 Army or Remington 1858 weren't great guns. I own all but the Navy myself. I just had my heart set on something different. Its kind of like how Tri-Five Chevies are great cars but I find myself at car shows far more interested in the one of a kind of a stuff than the 12 1957 BelAirs there

I think you did good with buying that Walker from Midway. Enjoy!

I have no affiliation with these guys, but look at this site. October Country.

http://www.octobercountry.com/
They have many revolvers from the Davis collection. Click on that link. You may find something you like.

Jim

Old South Firearms, www.oldsouthfirearms.com
He is located a little northeast of Bham, Al. I drive out and do business with him a few times a year. Great guy

Just ordered some parts and other stuff from him, great service, fast and free shipping, and they had some nice sales going.

There is also Lodgewood Mfg. who also have vintage and repro parts and accessories as well ( and defarbing services)

http://www.lodgewood.com/Pistols-and-Revolvers_c_125.html.

And S&S who also carries a good selection of original and repro parts and accessories, as well as guns.

Products

Also believe it or not, BudK has C&B pistols, sometimes at a good price, and with their fairly regular offers of discounts and free shipping, can provide a bargain now and then.

https://www.budk.com/Black-Powder-Guns-5028
I picked up a Dance revolver from them not too long ago for just over $300 after the discount, with free shipping.

Did you get the Walker I have an excellent walker I would sell

Back