Quantcast

Restore or just leave it be? That is the question.

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Reaction score
Always heard if you tell the amish wheel wright what you wanted the wheels for they would not do it. Is this true.
Don’t know. All the wheels I had them build were for my horse drawn vehicles. In addition to that I myself was a full time farrier and a blacksmith. So even though I was an outsider the relationship was different because I made a living in what they considered to be a respected trade. Mutual professional respect I guess you would call it. I would have someone else call about cannon wheels and if it gets rejected call a few days later about needing wheels for a little cart you bought at a yard sale

Reaction score
Good Ideal, a bit un-truthful though. I grew up in Mennonite country my wife has relatives that are Mennonite good hard working folks. I would not let them find out about the fib bad juju ya know.

SOLANCO

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I am in Amish country also. Not just wheels. Leather. Smithing. They are not gun smiths or gun builders. But they do things our community has forgotten how to do. Forgotten for 2+ generations.

zimmerstutzen

70 Cal.
Reaction score
Witmer's Coach Shop, just around the corner, also makes great wheels.

1070 W Main St, New Holland, PA 17557 · ~48.5 mi
(717) 656-3411