• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Restore A Flintlock Pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for the photos, Tumbler. The workmanship and attention to detail shown by the old masters just blows me away. By all means, show us the results of your work! I'm particularly interested in seeing how the Damascus patterning on the barrel comes out. It really shows up well on the pistol you are using as your model.

Best regards,
Notchy Bob

Thank you for the photos, Tumbler. The workmanship and attention to detail shown by the old masters just blows me away. By all means, show us the results of your work! I'm particularly interested in seeing how the Damascus patterning on the barrel comes out. It really shows up well on the pistol you are using as your model.

Best regards,
Notchy Bob
Hi Notchy Bob, I hope to post the pistol today. I did not brown the barrel. This was done before I purchased it.

Here is the completed conservation of the John Manton dueling pistol. The trigger plate did not need conservation. The patina is beautiful. Also the ramrod tube (pipe) will be browned.
DSCN0312[1].JPG
DSCN0385[1].JPG
DSCN0385[1].JPG
DSCN0364[1].JPG
DSCN0312[1].JPG
DSCN0313[1].JPG
DSCN0351[1].JPG
DSCN0353[1].JPG
DSCN0369[1].JPG
DSCN0365[1].JPG
DSCN0356[1].JPG
DSCN0357[1].JPG
is beautiful.
DSCN0385[1].JPG

Last edited:
it came out great. better hope that no one offers a challenge to you.

Hi Tumblr,
It looks nice. Too bad more of the charcoal bluing could not be saved but it is a rather fragile surface finish and when infused with rust is hard to conserve. I love these British dueling pistols so much I make my own. In this case, Wogdons:
2Y1cmWF.jpg

11TUSbq.jpg

ddrJNDz.jpg

dave
Dave, the pistol set and case are beautiful! As you know the duelers made by Wogdon were equal to best of the day.

Latest posts

Back