• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Resistance is futile

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone said it recently (paraphrased) that for a minimalist hobby we sure have a lot of stuff!
Well, the problem I have is when you have two cups, or one cup and a tiny kettle, if you misplace that, you're outa-luck..., so you go to the next event and buy another one. This happens from time to time. PLUS add to the fact every now and then you are at a yard sale/rummage sale supporting the neighbors or your place of worship and find something that will work at a stupid-low price and snap it up.

Finally, one day, you root through a bunch of stuff that's been sitting around, for several years sitting around, and low and behold, you thought you had lost stuff or threw out a box in the past and "it must've been in that box"..., only to discover you have lots and lots of duplicates of things... followed by muttering the phrase, "So that's where I left that [those] "

LD

Around my shop , it can turn into an Easter egg hunt at any given moment. About two weeks ago I was measuring forearm pins on a rifle . Well the outside calipers I've used for 'bout 40 yrs. , decided to hide on me. I fussed and fumed , tore the shop apart , looking everywhere. I went away for a stay at deer camp , and came back to look in the tool drawer , where it should have been , there the escapee was. I called the caliper a few choice new names , and a few others to boot. I felt better after the smoke cleared from the foul language. One thing sure , I've always been plagued by stuff MIA, when it was most needed. Those calipers will have a swatch of florescent orange tape on it , :mad::doh: , so it stands out in the tool drawer. FRUSTRATION !!!!!!!.....oldwood

Talk about minimalism, I used to hunt with fella (now deceased) who only carried his rifle, a knife, a compass and 5 pre-packaged reloads (paper wrapped boolit & powder) & a loaded straight-line capper in his coat pockets.

Back