• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Resin for varnish

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Might try brown Kiwi shoe polish. I've used it as underlying stain. Should dissolve and mix in certain solvents like Turp I'd think.

Look at a woodworker supply you are looking for a dye to mix with the varnish you want to use. They have water, oil, and alcohol base dyes.

Thanks for the tips. I still haven't found out if one resin might give more color than another, but adding some sort of dye would do the trick. I'd want to tame down the plain white wood of one stock in particular., so a darker color is needed.

this stock is died with leather die . the base color is brown die that was diluted with alcohol, then i used the die full strength to hand paint on the stripes.. the wood on this gun is birch and was pure white before i did this finish.
ou
tom

1613007217432.png

Back