• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

reproduction Charleville??

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Many thanks, Hawkeye! I wasn't actually looking for an exact value, but maybe a "ballpark" figure considering this piece. It is outside my area of expertise and another of my friends, but we are still trying to take care of a widow (of a dear friend). I do appreciate all of the help.

Chris

I have no idea of the value as it would depend on the quality of the build, condition and how well the lock works and honestly I haven't been watching prices lately. These do not show up often. About 5 or 6 of our group bought one at the time and I have no idea what became of any except mine.

The stock was spliced under the rear band using 2 dowels. Mine came part over the years and was reglued several years back. I remember the wood on all matched quite well and it was very difficult to tell they were 2 pieces.

Those that were not assembled by HFACo. suffered somewhat from storage and had scattered surface rust including the bore. As far as I know there were no parts left over though I do have a few unused pieces in a jar downstairs.

That’s actually an American made Charleville from the 1960’s, there’s one on display in the Bass Pro‘s Shops Museum.

I’ve seen a few at re-enactments, most do not function very well. Overall I’d say it was an average reproduction, not very accurate at all. The Miroku Charleville is probably the most accurate only second to the Rifle Shoppe’s 1766.
Are you referring to the NRA National Sporting Arms Museum in Springfield Missouri? I worked there for a year. I believe it was on display near the entrance. I knew it was a repop but never found out who made it.

Latest posts

Back