• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Replacement TC Stocks

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Other than Pecatonica is anyone else making duplicate stocks for TC's? Not suppliers, manufacturers.

The only places I know about is Track of the Wolf, Jedediah Starr trading. Jedediah Starr trading will cut the butt plate for you. Both are suppliers.

I'm working on a Pecatonica and I'll say that I'm surprised at the quality and precision of it.

I appreciate anyone aspiring to make a T/C stock, but an alternative would be to obtain one of the hundreds like-new examples for sale on sites like E-Bay, et al.

I don't know for sure but I suspect TOW uses Pecatonica pre-carves.
I talked to a gentleman over a year ago from "Jedediah Star Trading" and he told me "Pecatonica" makes most of the T/C stocks out there.

Reinhart Fajen made them for years. They are gone but someone is using some of their patterns today, an internet search might help.

The original TC stock was a serious and painful cheek slapper so I removed wood from the comb and cheekpece and it became very comfortable to shoot w/ even the .50 cal. 450 gr Buffalo Bullet elk loads. This TC MLer was my first one and and used it on squirrels , rabbits, deer and elk. PRBs were used for all except elk. Irregardless of projectile and powder type and load, it;s possibly my all time most accurate rifle. .....Fred

Fred showed me how to re-shape a TC stock, they feel much better this way.

hawken cheek piece 001.JPG

Back