• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Replacement Sights for Pedersoli Kentucky

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
If you're a purist, please skip this post. I'm looking to replace the fixed sights on my Pedersoli Kentucky with something adjustable & more visible. I don't want to go full fiberoptic. But an adjustable rear with something on the front to help keep it visible on a dark background in low light would be nice. Both the front and rear sight are dovetailed into the barrel. This is a hunting gun so it need not be period correct -- function over form.

What are some options out there?

I have been refitting a couple of my rifles with peep sights, due to my eyes not jiving with standard iron sights. I used Johnson peep sights from Muzzleloaders builders supply, and cast brass front sights from TOTW. Once polished up, for me, that brass sight is visible in just about any condition, and if you need to darken it, a couple seconds of fire from a match turns it pitch black.

Although, the rear sight mounts rigid. Windage adjustments are achieved by drifting the front sight, and elevation by filing the blade down. I filled the empty rear dovetail with molten lead and filed it down.

The sight picture is fantastic, but I have yet to zero them. Still busy making and hauling hay in this part of the world.

Back