• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Renew the finish on my brazier?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brazier runs on charcoal, I cut an old apple tree down and tuned the whole thing (except the trunk) into charcoal. Used a 55 gallon drum, I was amazed the whole tree went into the barrel. This was a big tree, not puny orchard one.

Oh no!!!!
But have roasted coffee beans or boiled water making hasty pudding, and boiled a lot of coffee.
Hot and fast.
Though I understand carp is best grilled on pine😂

If you go to truevalue.com and search for stove black you will find a liquid and a paste type. If you order it, it will ship freight free to your nearest store. OR, what my blacksmith friends do is rub metal that is at black heat with beeswax (it should smoke a bit) and wipe off the excess with a rag.

Brazier runs on charcoal, I cut an old apple tree down and tuned the whole thing (except the trunk) into charcoal. Used a 55 gallon drum, I was amazed the whole tree went into the barrel. This was a big tree, not puny orchard one.

I have a cookie can with a nail hole in the lid, whenever I remember to, I fill it with Apple or pear Tree trimmings and throw it in the coals on the BBQ after grilling a steak or something. Just take the grill off, drop the can right down in the coal bed then stack the coals around the can & once smoke starts really billowing out drop the nail back in the hole. Then I just close the lid on the BBQ and let it go. Not as efficient as the 55 gallon drum, but it works well enough to keep me in charcoal. 👍

Back