• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

renegade barrel width

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nwtradegun

50 Cal.
Reaction score
did tc ever make a renegade with a 15/16 in. barrel. on another site a member says he has a 54 with a 15/16 barrel

If it's an original TC barrel it's 1" across the flats, as were all original Renegades.

However, it's possible he has a 15/16" drop-in barrel from Green Mountain on the TC stock. I have a buddy who did this. It works well and the 1/32" gap on each side of the barrel is hardly noticeable. I believe he put two strips of duct tape in the barrel channel to snug it up, one across the channel near the breech and one just in front of the wedge (though it fit fine and shot quite well without that).

Yes to best of my recollection all Renegade barrels were 1”. I never saw one but heard that back in the 80-90s time period that TC did make a Hawken in .54 but it too could’ve been 1”.

I did put a GM drop in .54 on a Hawken replacement stock that was 15/16”.

40 Flint said:
Yes to best of my recollection all Renegade barrels were 1”. I never saw one but heard that back in the 80-90s time period that TC did make a Hawken in .54 but it too could’ve been 1”.

I did put a GM drop in .54 on a Hawken replacement stock that was 15/16”.

T/C did make the Hawken rifle in .54 with the 1" barrel, I have one in the safe. They are marked "Hawken" on the barrel.

I also had a GM drop in flint barrel in .54 that was 15/16" with the 1 in 66 twist that fit the Hawken stocks.

Back