• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Rendezvous Women

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreyWhiskers

69 Cal.
Reaction score
Took some pics at the Chinese Camp Rendezvous today. These women make and sell period clothing at their trader's tent. GW
rendezvous003.jpg
[/img]

grey whiskers said:
Took some pics at the Chinese Camp Rendezvous today. These women make and sell period clothing at their trader's tent. GW
rendezvous003.jpg
[/img]

Neat pic.

snagg said:
Roundball:

Just curious, but is that someone you know??

snagg
No, just a photo in the public domain on the Internet...Google images, type in rendezvous, something like that...

roundball said:
snagg said:
Roundball:

snagg
No, just a photo in the public domain on the Internet...Google images, type in rendezvous, something like that...

Actually, the photo is not "public domain". All photographs are copyright protected, even if they are on the internet and don;t bare a copyright mark. That particular one has a copyright watermark.

Dale Brown said:
roundball said:
snagg said:
Roundball:

snagg

Actually, the photo is not "public domain". All photographs are copyright protected, even if they are on the internet and don;t bare a copyright mark. That particular one has a copyright watermark.
Well, two comments come to mind:
1) Didn't know "photos" in general were not public domain if they were just out there...where is that written about / covered?

2) Took me forever but when I tilt the screen just right I can see it in the upper left corner...maybe a moderator can delete it if that's appropriate...past the time for me to be able to do it.

roundball said:
Dale Brown said:
roundball said:
snagg said:
Roundball:

snagg

Well, two comments come to mind:
1) Didn't know "photos" in general were not public domain if they were just out there...where is that written about / covered?

2) Took me forever but when I tilt the screen just right I can see it in the upper left corner...maybe a moderator can delete it if that's appropriate...past the time for me to be able to do it.

If all the Web moderators should do so, the internet would collapse. :rotf:

I guess my take on things like this is that it's in the public domain, accessible by the public without any pasword protection, etc...ie: a link could have been posted to see the photo, so I didn't see the problem with actually posting it...figured it was a 'fair use' thing.

I didn't see this as any different than somebody who recently posted a photo of toby bridgers from years ago...or photos of guns at places on the Internet, etc.

I could definitely see a problem if somebody started making muzzleloading oriented brochures or something and included copies of someone else's photo without their permission, etc...and worse, if such a brochure was sold and money was being made, etc...

roundball said:
I didn't see this as any different than somebody who recently posted a photo of toby bridgers from years ago...or photos of guns at places on the Internet, etc.
:hmm: ........I don't know about that Roundball...........I'd much rather look at her than Toby Bridgers :rotf: :rotf:
Soggy

I actually checked this out as I used some stuff from the internet for a presentation to a bunch of gardners. I sent emails for permission to the publishers who owned the stuff and got not replies. What I did learn on one of their sites was that you can download anything from the net for your own use and you can show it to others. What you cannot do is reproduce it and distribute it.

What corners? I don't see any sharp corners.
That lady does a fine job on her clothing. It looks like a shot from the past. Thanks for posting Round ball.

If ya ain't selling copies I don't think there is a copyright infringement.

The Wolf said:
I actually checked this out as I used some stuff from the internet for a presentation to a bunch of gardners. I sent emails for permission to the publishers who owned the stuff and got not replies. What I did learn on one of their sites was that you can download anything from the net for your own use and you can show it to others. What you cannot do is reproduce it and distribute it.

That's mostly correct. Technically, anything we create, (write, draw, photograph) is automatically copyrighted, by virtue of the fact that we "created" it. If you shoot a photo of your gourd canteen and post it, I may not use that photo for commercial purposes. You own the "rights" to that photo, even if there is no copyright mark present.

Obviously, no one is going to get sued over "borrowing" an image from one web site and showing it on another, unless of course, it is being used to generate revenue.

"Public Domain", however, means that either the copyright has expired or the work was placed in the public domain by the author.
------------------------------

TITLE 17 > CHAPTER 1 > § 102

Subject matter of copyright: In general

(a) Copyright protection subsists, in accordance with this title, in original works of authorship fixed in any tangible medium of expression, now known or later developed, from which they can be perceived, reproduced, or otherwise communicated, either directly or with the aid of a machine or device. Works of authorship include the following categories:
(1) literary works;
(2) musical works, including any accompanying words;
(3) dramatic works, including any accompanying music;
(4) pantomimes and choreographic works;
(5) pictorial, graphic, and sculptural works;
(6) motion pictures and other audiovisual works;
(7) sound recordings; and
(8) architectural works.
(b) In no case does copyright protection for an original work of authorship extend to any idea, procedure, process, system, method of operation, concept, principle, or discovery, regardless of the form in which it is described, explained, illustrated, or embodied in such work.

roundball said:
I guess my take on things like this is that it's in the public domain, accessible by the public without any pasword protection, etc...ie: a link could have been posted to see the photo, so I didn't see the problem with actually posting it...figured it was a 'fair use' thing.

I could definitely see a problem if somebody started making muzzleloading oriented brochures or something and included copies of someone else's photo without their permission, etc...and worse, if such a brochure was sold and money was being made, etc...

Me, I would not worry one way or the other. If one is protective and so desires, there are very simple programs that prevent copying anything from a web page.

TANSTAAFL said:
Me, I would not worry one way or the other. If one is protective and so desires, there are very simple programs that prevent copying anything from a web page.

That's what my clients think, until I show them otherwise. :grin:

Yes, you can prevent the "right-click" download and you can prevent remote linking to images. You can even put your content in a Flash file, but anything you can see on your monitor can be yours. :winking:

Back