• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Rendezvous/camp

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm putting on a small impromptu rendezvous /campout on my property on the last weekend of this month. Plenty of room on the 70 acres, as of right now about 12-15 people will be there. There is no water or electricity just land. I have a range for shooting and an outhouse when needed.
I'd like to extend an invitation to any member here that would like to attend, there are already several members that will be there. The property is located in east central Missouri, if you're interested PM me for directions.

Don't know if I can make it but I am curious what area it is in. I used to live in the Kimmswick, Imperial, Arnold area went to many vous at Fort Hill and Old Mines back in the 90's.

It would be about a 45-minute drive for you north on Hwy 79 in southern Lincoln county.
Sorry just reread your post I was timing the drive from Arnold, not Kentucky.

Thanks, sounds like it will be a good vous. Have you ever been to the Fort Hill Rendezvous? I know it is now defunct and been for a while, its where I cut my rendezvous teeth back in 1990.

I don't know what part of Kentucky you live in but if you're on the eastern side it wouldn't be much of a drive to go to Fort de Chartres.

Larry is still around and kicking he was at the Fort in Nov. and most likely will be there in June.
If you going to the Fort bring your instrument, if Larry would happen not to be there you can join in with me and Al Puknat.

Here's larry last fall at the fort.
Larry.jpg

Larry and I were in a country band back in the 90's. I played the keyboards. Usually at vous I drug my upright bass around from camp to camp or picked the guitar or mandolin as well. They called my Bobby Z.

I will honk when I drive by in June on my way to Holts Summit (just north of Jeff City). Drive by several times per year when we travel the 1100 miles from my door to my son's door. Wish I would be visiting later this month but the storms keep us from traveling in the spring.
Drove through the Good Friday tornado that hit St. Louis in 2011. Caused us to change the way we drive to my son's as I no longer want to be driving at night out there. When traveling through an area on a highway with 8 lanes each way and hear tornado sirens, where to go what to you do... keep driving and pray.

I'm putting on a small impromptu rendezvous /campout on my property on the last weekend of this month. Plenty of room on the 70 acres, as of right now about 12-15 people will be there. There is no water or electricity just land. I have a range for shooting and an outhouse when needed.
I'd like to extend an invitation to any member here that would like to attend, there are already several members that will be there. The property is located in east central Missouri, if you're interested PM me for directions.
I'd love to go to your rendezvous, but can't make. It would a short drive from Warrenton mo

The forecast for Friday is cool and rainy so the bouillabaisse will be a welcome dish.
Saturday is sunny and warmer which will be good for shooting and maybe some Morrel hunting.

Andy52 will you be at April fort. I’ll be there setup. Need a yeungling come on by
Thank you sir for the offer of Yuengling but I won't be at the fort until June.
At which time I would gladly have one with you, in fact, I'll be roasting a whole hog on Saturday when I'm there.
Come by the camp a have some roast hog and fixens', I'll be doing about a 30-pounder so there will be way more than just my camp can eat.
I do owe the blacksmith a portion of hog, I had him make me a spit back in Nov, when he brought it to my camp and asked what I need a spit that long for and I told him about the hog he handed me the spit and said "No charge" he just wants to be at the head of the line... ;)

Back