• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Renaissance Wax

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Got my first Renaissance Wax yesterday and so far am very happy with it. Did several double gun stocks and it cleaned and polished the wood so well that it made the guns look like higher grades than they are. The 200ml can is not cheap, but a little bit goes a long ways. Have an old oak ice box that is now my bar. The wax made it shine like it is glowing.
My wife doesn't like the smell, but it disappears when the wax dries. She is afraid I am going to wax anything that doesn't have a heartbeat!
Maybe I'll wax book cases next......

Both our local museums use it - even though it's around $80,000 a small tin here in UK.

Well, maybe a slight exaggeration, but it sure is pricey.

I might invest in some for our wooden chest of drawers from the late-1600's, and my wife's G-G-Mother's parlour chairs, much sought-after by the Amgueddfa Werin Cymru and Ymddiradolaeth Genadlaerthol Cymru in her homeland, as being excellent examples of the vernacular cottage furniture.

Renaissance is the only wax I use on my rifle stocks. Never tried it on metal. After getting the Chamber's Oil finish where I want it, and patiently waiting for it to harden properly, I apply multiple coats of wax. Somewhere around the 4th ( or fifth) coat it REALLY starts to come into it's own. The difference between that point and the first couple of coats is pronounced. Rub it on, leave it alone for a while, buff off with a clean terrycloth towel.....REPEAT.

I use Wahkon Bay Tru Coat on my rifles. I believe it has a linseed oil base. After many coats, and after its dry, will the Renaissance Wax stick?
I don't see why it wouldn't. Buy a small tin and try it, that's what I did. I bought it to use on my Native American flutes ad it lasts a long time. After I used it up, I bought a large one this time, great stuff.

Back