• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Remington TEXAS/BUFFALO revolver question

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the top of the frame on a Brass framed Remington TEXAS/BUFFALO revolver is cut with the standard cut that the Remington New Model Army has on the top strap? Was thinking about getting one sometime, but don't want adjustable rear sight.

No it isn't, it's cut for that rear sight and is therefore weaker than a Remington with the standard cut made on the same frame material. The brass framed long barrel Remington has never made any sense to me at all as you would want to load it heavier to take advantage of the extra length and would shorten it's life even faster.

........The brass framed long barrel Remington has never made any sense to me at all as you would want to load it heavier to take advantage of the extra length and would shorten it's life even faster.
Not really. First, I don't load my C&B revolvers "to the max" to begin with. Second, in my brass framed C&B revolvers I shoot a slightly reduced load than one would shoot in say a steel framed revolver. Third, I have factory "unmentionable" revolvers for shooting full power loads in.
I found that when I first got into the C&B side of black powder, that is was more fun to shoot modest loads for the type of revolver they were...wether that be a Ruger Old Army, or brass framed 1851 Navy (my favorite C&B revolver style BTW).

Latest posts

Back