• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Remington Foil Lined Percussion Caps

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 48702

Richard Turner
Reaction score
When did Remington stop making the foil lined percussion caps? The last I remember buying was in the early 1980s in the PX. I still have some I bought about 1974 with a .98 cent sticker on the back.
IMG_20221005_094056_227.jpg

When did Remington stop making the foil lined percussion caps?

Don't know.

Bought thousands of Remington #11 caps during the last panic for $2.99 per hundred: The boxes are marked "New Hotter Cap". The pellets are lined with something that looks like aluminum foil. Once in a great while a primer pellet will fall out of the cap.

Remington caps used to have a priming disc in them that would sometimes fall out in the tin. Their caps improved considerably when they quit making them this way about 15 years ago.

The Remmy caps I bought for "nothing" back in the 1960s and the little flake of metal/paper(?) would fall out from time to time. Other than that they performed well. Haven't bought any in recent years.

Back in 2020, my local gun store was getting ride of a lot of thier back stock and I happened to see a couple cases of those.
Needless to say, they made me a deal I couldn’t refuse and bought their entire stock(3 full cases), I’ve never had a problem firing any of them.
Supposed to have been made in the late 70’s.
CC436246-6A42-46BC-9376-677D458D220A.jpeg

I know this is a couple years old, but I have seen two types of Remington Caps lately.

The newer one looks to be a gold colored or a bright brassy color

What I think is the older ones are Green inside.

It seems odd for what I think are newer type and older type in the system.

Back