• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Remington #11 new production arrived ..maybe ...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Having a couple of cap n ball's that thrive only on Remington #11's I got excited to find some for sale so I bought a carton ...
They have changed OR they have made an addition that I did not realize in my euphoria ..they are 40% hotter than the originals ...
I have not had time to open them, measure them or fire them but just be aware that we may have another source for caps coming back on stream ...Bear
20211015_131557.jpg20211015_131615.jpg20211015_131633.jpg

Last edited:
I ordered mine Monday (10/11) from reedssport.com ..they had 2300 ..I bought 1000 which is my normal buy ..$8.99 and $20 shipping ..and received them today (10/15) via Fedex
I cannot imagine them being there now but my post was to encourage fellow shooters to re-energize their search since Remington is evidently back to building and shipping #11's

Good luck to all
Bear

What says they are New Manufacture?
SWAG??? ..my old packaging does not say "40% hotter than original"
Maybe they were already in the change over to the 40% hotter cap and packaging when they shut down but I've never seen nor do my 5 "original" packs mention "hotter flame"

So were I you ...I'd look no further ..they must be new old stock????:cool:

Bear

The link you posted takes me to a sportswear website...:(

OK, found them with a Google search but got no results for percussion caps.

Last edited:
Not to hijack this post, but Powder, Inc in Clarksville, AR has RWS #11 caps available in cartons only (1000 caps - 10 boxes) so I bought a 50 box case (5,000 caps), to get the best price to supply my friends here in the area. Supply is getting better if you order from one of the black powder master distributors, and share an order with friends.

Not to hijack this post, but Powder, Inc in Clarksville, AR has RWS #11 caps available in cartons only (1000 caps - 10 boxes) so I bought a 50 box case (5,000 caps), to get the best price to supply my friends here in the area. Supply is getting better if you order from one of the black powder master distributors, and share an order with friends.
Good info ..unfortunately I've a couple Colts RWS won't fit on but Remington #11's will

Bear

The Remington New 40% Hotter Caps have been produced for years. I acquired a lot of BP gear from a cousin who gave up muzzle loading about a dozen years ago and there were 3 or 4 packages of No. 10 caps in the same identical packaging "NEW Hotter Caps! 40% More Flame Volume", and he had bought these several years earlier. Also, found reference to these in an old post on MML from the year 2008, check out "Post #3" Caps
I can shoot a photo of what I have if needed.

I also have some of the old corrosive caps made in Germany and packaged by Dixie Gun Works, that I bought about 1974 (still in high school) and they still pop, and they've been stored in all kinds of humidity and environment.

OK ..We have established that 40% hotter is not new news and is not indicative of new start up production by the new owners of Remington Ammunition ..

Back to possibly sucking canal water again gents ..sorry I got your hopes up!

Bear

OK ..We have established that 40% hotter is not new news and is not indicative of new start up production by the new owners of Remington Ammunition ..

Back to possibly sucking canal water again gents ..sorry I got your hopes up!

Bear
Don't feel bad, Bear. It was news to me!

I was glad to see your post. It's good to hear about people finding the supplies we need in this time of shortages. Also, while "40% hotter" may not be news to some folks, the caps you bought may very well be new production. It's good to know some of those big companies might be catching up, and providing us front-stuffers with the things we need again.

New or not, hotter caps may be a good thing. Many of the black powder substitutes are harder to ignite than real BP, and noted gun writer, Mike Venturino, recommends always using magnum primers for black powder cartridges, even with real BP. He says you get greater and more consistent velocities, faster ignition, and less fouling just ahead of the chamber with magnum primers, and one would think hotter percussion caps might have a similar effect in muzzleloaders.

In any event, I didn't know the new Remington caps were that hot. I'm going to be on the lookout for some of those now.

Thanks for posting!

Notchy Bob

Back