• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Remington #11 new production arrived ..maybe ...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My brother called me a couple of days ago from a gunshop in central Florida. He had stopped in on his way home from some event. He doesn't shoot muzzleloaders, but I had told him about the shortages of powder and caps. The store had a bunch of Winchester #11 caps, and he offered to pick some up for me. He said they were priced at $15.99 per tin of 100 caps. I told him no, thank you.

These were apparently not even new production, but some old stock the store had for quite some time. At that price, it's no wonder they hadn't sold.

Notchy Bob

My brother called me a couple of days ago from a gunshop in central Florida. He had stopped in on his way home from some event. He doesn't shoot muzzleloaders, but I had told him about the shortages of powder and caps. The store had a bunch of Winchester #11 caps, and he offered to pick some up for me. He said they were priced at $15.99 per tin of 100 caps. I told him no, thank you.

These were apparently not even new production, but some old stock the store had for quite some time. At that price, it's no wonder they hadn't sold.

Notchy Bob
Yeah, it's really disappointing, but it seems like the big distributors are trying to cash in on the price gouging now too. I have a lot of respect for places like Graf and Powder Valley who get stock in and sell it for what they always did.

I have never had a problem with CCl #11’s they work like REM #10’s , There tight and they go boom every time.

I have never had a problem with CCl #11’s they work like REM #10’s , There tight and they go boom every time.
One of the issues I had with CCI caps in the past is that the caps are prone to splitting wide open and fragging as opposed to the Remington caps, which tend to stay in one piece. Unless you have a cap rake and action shield, this is bad juju on any Colt repro.
The other thing is the skirt is longer on the Rem cap which means it will tend to cling to the nipple after you fire it.

Having a couple of cap n ball's that thrive only on Remington #11's I got excited to find some for sale so I bought a carton ...
They have changed OR they have made an addition that I did not realize in my euphoria ..they are 40% hotter than the originals ...
I have not had time to open them, measure them or fire them but just be aware that we may have another source for caps coming back on stream ...Bear
View attachment 99699View attachment 99700View attachment 99701
We should all be thankful that any company at all makes something for such old-time technology! Thanks for the tip on "hotness". I like what is says on the label there at the top. Great!

Latest posts

Back