• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Reenactor's Blackpowder

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Any users of reenactor blackpowder?

I bought a case of Jack Battle Powder about ten years ago and it seemed to work fine, I've heard it was GOEX without the graphite finish. I now see Graf's and Schutzen offer a reenactor powder. Has anyone tried these and if so results please.

Used it in my cannon for reenacting. It was designed to make alot of smoke for the public to see. Sometimes it hardly made a bang. This was with 600 grs × or - . Was real dirty . I gave the rest to some friends that had a cannon crew. This was shutzen I believe

Depends on what you plan to do with it. It's fine for blanks, not so much for accurate shooting.

It is my belief , right or wrong, that it is just the fines and "spill over" of shooting grade powder. It will go bang but with varying results.I shot with a man who used it on a trail shoot once and his gun went bang when his flint sparked.

Back