• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Red residue at muzzle after shooting

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To be honest, I am trying to understand Zonie's position..! HMFICOE

I am aware that this is a muzzle loading forum (DUH!!)

Frankly, I think the moderators need to have a word with themselves.. I think their interventions, certainly in my case, have been overzealous and generally unhelpful. They seem to be just skimming the content looking for certain words, and do not seem to be bothering to examine the context.

the last you will hear from me..

BYE BYE !!!!

I was told years ago it was a marker required by the BATF. Helps identify when and where the powder was manufactured.
If you listen closely - you can just hear the whisper of the silenced rotor blades and if you are lucky, see the outline of the black airship hovering above your house..... Time to don the tin foil head cover..... Big Brother is watching YOU!

It seems as if this happens and has happened to people for many, many years, from all over and with many (all?) types of black powder.

I don’t think it makes sense that it is a marker for the gubmint to track down where the powder was made. Will wearing a tin foil hat while shooting keep it from happening?

Well,

To be honest, I am trying to understand Zonie's position..!

I am aware that this is a muzzle loading forum and that the focus of discussion should be about these firearms, however I do question the tone and intention of the policing style I have encountered from the moderators. It seems to me that there is a level of "triggering" (sorry!) going on that is generally unhelpful and irritating in what is normally a friendly and supportive community.

Whilst I fully understand that discussions regarding AR family modification and how many sights you can fit on a Pickatinny rail are not for this board, I really do find the "Miss Picky" comments to anything but 100% muzzleloading with little or no reference to the context or subject of the conversation to be somewhat wearing..

This is now the second time I have been picked up for "straying".. The first time I was discussing Damascus barrels, and put up a photo of one of my guns to illustrate a particular type of twist. The gun happened to be a breechloader, and I apologised for this when I posted it, however it was not the gun I was referring to, but the barrel, which was of a type commonly found on muzzle loading fowlers of the late 18th/ early 19th C.

My discussion on this thread was about sulphur deposition. I gave an example where this is a common occurrence, although normally only seen in a particular class of breech loader. It was in direct reply to a query from a muzzleloader and had nothing to do with breech loading per say..

Frankly, I think the moderators need to have a word with themselves.. I think their interventions, certainly in my case, have been overzealous and generally unhelpful. They seem to be just skimming the content looking for certain words, and do not seem to be bothering to examine the context.

Thank you for the various discussions I have had with board members, however this is the last you will hear from me..
Sorry to see someone get chased off for making a posting that was intended to be on topic but was looked on as inappropriate because of something like a damascus barrel pattern that happened to be on one of the newfangled abominable "anti-muzzle" loaded things.

I can see the point of both sides but maybe that's due to my tender age of 70+. Just sorry to see people get chased off of the board.

Nobody is chasing him off the board, he is being reminded of the rules. There are other sites to discuss what we don't including our sister site "modern muzzleloading". If he doesn't want to follow the rules he doesn't have to stay here. Zonie hasn't banned him.

Very well said, some times you have to put the big boy panties on and follow the rules.

Well OKAY! No need to try to express an opinion I guess. Didn't know about the panties rule. Holey Moley guys!
Opinions are pretty thin ice as far as some subjects go. I think a PM takes just as long as a forum post to make and a retraction is easier then starting the next civil war on line. Something like
"PM Message, psssst, check rule number (whatever) please delete post"
That's way better then "Johnny's been a baaaaaad boy, should we flog him in public? What say yes one and all?"

Opinions are pretty thin ice as far as some subjects go. I think a PM takes just as long as a forum post to make and a retraction is easier then starting the next civil war on line. Something like
"PM Message, psssst, check rule number (whatever) please delete post"
That's way better then "Johnny's been a baaaaaad boy, should we flog him in public? What say yes one and all?"
Agreed.

Thank you all for great information and knowledge shared on this topic!

Back