• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Red powder??

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chawbeef

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Shooting my .50 yesterday with ffg and spit patch I noticed when swabbing between shots that there was some red particles on the swab. Iis this unburned powder?? And why is it red?? .......................Chawbeef

I get top efficient loadings and no cherries but on certain days with the same loads I get cherries.

You have exposed a new requirement for load development. Loads must account for humidity, temperature, etc. If you want to do it right each gun will have numerous loads established and adhered to by including a portable weather station in the shooting kit.

Aw come on Sam. We know you have several good punch lines to share. They might get you banned or at least deleted by Zonie but what the heck. As Tiny Tim would sing, “tiptoe through the tulips....”

BTW, 30 plus years ago my wife was selling ads for a local tv station in western Kansas. One of her accounts was the local county fair and Tiny Tim was booked for one of the arena shows. She had to interview him for the noon tv news. According to her what you saw on tv was what was there in person.

Back