• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

FOR SALE Red handled scalper

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Two Feathers

62 Cal.
MLF Sponsor
Reaction score
Howdy folks, Two Feathers here:

I have a half tang, Red Handled Scalper for sale. It has a straight grained Cherry handle with a slight Octagonal shaped handle. The handle is held on with (2) 1/8" iron pins. The price is $130.00 shipped with insurance to any of the 50 actual United States. All prices are in USD$’s
The blade is made of 1095 high carbon steel. The blade measures 6” long by 1” wide by 3/32” thick. The overall length is 10.125” The blade has more of a convex grind for a PC/HA look.

This sheath is made of 5 oz. tooling hide with an Elk Rawhide front cover and decorative flap that covers the top edge for 2.25” down from the throat. That “flap” is rawhide as well. The whole sheath is hand saddle stitched. There are also 4 antique Brass rivets for added security. On the rear there is a belt loop that will accept a 2.5” wide belt or sash. The belt loop is stitched on with artificial sinew. The visible parts of the 5oz. leather and belt loop have been dyed Dark Brown. There is a decorative artificial sinew braid threaded through the flap with glass trade beads on either side of the sheath.

The knife is razor sharp, and the sheath is signed and dated.

I prefer PayPal, but I will accept postal or bank Money orders and personal checks. I only ship on Tuesdays and Fridays I ship once MO’s are received or check clears. The exceptions are: Federal Holidays, PO hours, Sundays, and extreme weather. MO’s will add 1 week for travel time. Checks will add 3 weeks for travel time and bank clearance. PayPal is pretty much instant.

If interested, please PM me here. As always, thank you for looking.

God bless:
Two Feathers

Attachments

• Red Handled Scalper 7-24-2022 001.JPG
    Red Handled Scalper 7-24-2022 001.JPG
    161.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Red Handled Scalper 7-24-2022 002.JPG
    Red Handled Scalper 7-24-2022 002.JPG
    159.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Red Handled Scalper 7-24-2022 003.JPG
    Red Handled Scalper 7-24-2022 003.JPG
    158.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Red Handled Scalper 7-24-2022 004.JPG
    Red Handled Scalper 7-24-2022 004.JPG
    150.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Red Handled Scalper 7-24-2022 005.JPG
    Red Handled Scalper 7-24-2022 005.JPG
    140.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Red Handled Scalper 7-24-2022 006.JPG
    Red Handled Scalper 7-24-2022 006.JPG
    165.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Red Handled Scalper 7-24-2022 007.JPG
    Red Handled Scalper 7-24-2022 007.JPG
    176.4 KB · Views: 0
I think that sheath looks good, Two Feathers. So does the knife.

The sheath appears to be ambidextrous, and the rawhide face has a really nice color.

Good stuff!

Notchy Bob

I think that sheath looks good, Two Feathers. So does the knife.

The sheath appears to be ambidextrous, and the rawhide face has a really nice color.

Good stuff!

Notchy Bob
Notchy Bob:
Thanks my friend. Yes, the sheath IS ambidextrous. I just figured that maybe this sheath was holding back the sale? I know the knife is PC I checked the "Fur Trade Cutlery sketchbook" I thought the sheath looked "period," but then I've been wrong before and folks generally let me know it?
As always, great to get YOUR perspective on my work.
Thank you again.
God bless:
Two Feathers

Back