• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Record Breaking Shooting

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flint.

Smokepole 54
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I posted this in another forum and I thought I would share here also....

A friend of mine and fellow member in my muzzleloading club recently shot a record breaking score at the NMLRA September shoot at Friendship, Indiana! He shot a 50-1x in the Fur-du-Lac-Flintlock match. The previous record was 49-3x held by Bill Disbro since 1977!

This course of fire is 1 shot on each of the 50 yard bulls, 2 shots on the 100 yard bull, and 1 shot on the 100 yard half bull. All done offhand with a flintlock rifle and in pre 1840 period clothing!

Check out his target. That’s some fine shootin’.

I'm sure there were other amazing shooting going on there as well. Let see 'em if y'all know of any.

E78E3D3F-5233-484D-A1C9-3E7E46DBEC2D.jpeg

A friend of mine and fellow member in my muzzleloading club recently shot a record breaking score at the NMLRA September shoot at Friendship, Indiana! He shot a 50-1x in the Fur-du-Lac-Flintlock match. The previous record was 49-3x held by Bill Disbro since 1977!

This course of fire is 1 shot on each of the 50 yard bulls, 2 shots on the 100 yard bull, and 1 shot on the 100 yard half bull. All done offhand with a flintlock rifle and in pre 1840 period clothing!

I'm sure there were other amazing shooting going on there as well. Let see 'em if y'all know of any.
View attachment 95151

In period clothing? That eliminates a whole lot of good shooters from the shoot. With that said the fellow that won sure can shoot well!

In period clothing? That eliminates a whole lot of good shooters from the shoot. With that said the fellow that won sure can shoot well!
True, but that was just 1 match (#601) out of 750 or more. There were plenty of other matches (with different courses of fire) where period clothing was not required.

View attachment 95151

Flint,

Was the old record shot on the Primitive Range or the modern ranges? I was there when it happened, but just can't remember.

Gus

Artificer said:
Flint,

Was the old record shot on the Primitive Range or the modern ranges? I was there when it happened, but just can't remember.

Gus

I’m not sure but I assume the Fur-du-Lac was always shot on the primitive range.

I thought so, but it's been a long time.

Please add my congratulations to your friend for such excellent shooting.

Gus

View attachment 95151
I am sure that that record will stand for some time? all the planets were aliened for him that day!!! great shooting!

Back