• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Recommended Books on Percussion Revolvers?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JGW006

32 Cal
Reaction score
All - Anytime my collecting, hobby, shooting, etc. interest goes in a new direction I like to acquire various books on the subject of interest. For me, the study and learning is the complimentary part of the collecting and shooting.

I have recently begun to develop further interest in percussion revolvers. If one were to acquire several books on percussion revolvers, what would you recommend? Whether history, development, use, collecting, U.S., foreign, etc., etc.

All suggestions aren’t appreciated.

JGW

There are two pretty good looking books on the Track of the Wolf website that you may be interested in:

Book-c-M1860-AR
”The Colt Model 1860 Army Revolver” by Charles Pate

Book-CWR
”Civil War Revolvers, Myth vs. Reality” by Peter Schiffers

Percussion Revolvers, A guide to Their History, Performance and Use by Mike Cumpston and Jonny Bates

Very good book

Handbook Of Percussion Revolver by Michael Morgan

A fair book.

Percussion Revolvers, A guide to Their History, Performance and Use by Mike Cumpston and Jonny Bates

Very good book

Handbook Of Percussion Revolver by Michael Morgan

A fair book.

Overall, the Cumpston book has good information, but most of the photography sucks.
Would like to see a second edition with the pictures fixed.

Just finished this one.
image.jpg

Back