• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Recommendations for horn kit

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kozmo

40 Cal
Reaction score
Hey fellas, I've been shooting BP pistols and a few rifles for several years. I don't own a horn, but as I'm going to finish my Kibler SMR soon, I'd like to have a powder horn with the rifle for hunting.

I've seen a ton of really nice horns for sale, but am drawn to making one myself. Who do you recommend for a quality kit or components?

I've looked at TOTW and Crazy Crow - any others recommended?

Thanks, T

If your close to a Tandy Leather store, I think most of them carry cow horns.

That might be your best bet.

Simply buy a horn, got some wood, cut out and fit a base plug and make
a stopper...

Or just buy one already assembled for the first one.....

I’m sure there will be others.....

Powder horns and more have kits. If you talk with them tell them what kind ,size, color, ect of horn that you like and they will do their best to send you a kit that is more to your liking than just pulling one from stock.

Back