• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Recent NYS Firearms Law

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read an article last week that said a big reenactment group had canceled all activities in NYS. Rodgers island had canceled its F&I events because the new law bans firearms from all state parks. NYS has made the laws so convoluted that you can’t bring a gun. Even muzzleloaders are included. Historical events that include firearms are done. You will never see another reenactment in NY again. Very sad. The communist governor strikes again.

In 2017 I wrote a article on a Safe Act arrest in Ft Edward NY .posted in NY firearm forum and sited in the Long Island firearm forum .The police chief DA investigator and the Deputy DA were all interviewed and cited. In a nutshell the safe act says if the magazine is "fixed" and not removable some features would be allowed if removable then all safe act rules applied and in some cases against the law. The DA stated and I quote " The AR was designed and intended to use a detachable magazine and unless it's permanently welded to the lower there is no other fix and I will prosecute every case brought to me" unquote The law says one the DA says another, permanently is implied in the law not defined.So our new gun laws may or may not include muzzle loaders but when enforcement is discretionary on the part of law enforcement an over bearing zealous DA will always put you thru the grinder .
attached is part of the article about the arrest and comments
https://www.longislandfirearms.com/threads/ny-safe-act-arrest.191625/
sounds like SKS will be the rifle of choice in NY, unless they figure out how to use (stripper clips) on AR-15 platform, I sense a new product line to sell to the comunist states. lol

Here's the thing folks:
Have you noticed, the Right has all these media news sites that show you all the different ways that the Left members, politicians, media are in trouble because of statements they make, or laws that they break, and the Left has all these media news sites that show you all the different ways that the Right members, politicians, media are in trouble because of statements they make, or laws that they break??!! YET NO ONE IS PROSECUTED OR IN JAIL!!! THEY PIT YOU AGAINST ME, AND ME AGAINST YOU!!
And by God it seems to work......divide and conquer!!!
The Dems and Republicans in Washington DC are playing for the same secret team. they are both controlled opposistion, and we Goyim/fools take the bait every time!

I also believe that it is not the government politicians that are running this Country alone!! I believe the intelligence agencies are running this Country through the politicians.
Intelligence Community to Politicians: "Do as we tell you, or, we investigate and create ways to undo you!!"

I also believe that it is not the government politicians that are running this Country alone!! I believe the intelligence agencies are running this Country through the politicians.
Intelligence Community to Politicians: "Do as we tell you, or, we investigate and create ways to undo you!!"
I'm not sure who but someone got a taste of "power'' and they are hooked and like it. Somebody is pulling the strings on the puppets in Washington (or wherever politicians meet).

Last edited:
While this is specialized concerning convicted felons and black powder, I live in TN, a conservative state but our Attorney General wrote an opinion that limited felons to possession of black powder guns strictly in their homes. A fair interpretation of his opinion was that you must have the muzzleloader DELIVERED to your home precluding going to the store and bringing it home because your trip home constituted "carrying outside the home."
The TN legislature nullified the opinion by passing a law very similar to the Federal Exemption law defining antiques and their replicas as exempt in most legal circumstances for felons. Many fine sportsmen and women have a minor, white collar non-violent but felony level record in their past. Butch0523

Somebody is pulling the strings on the puppets in Washington (or wherever politicians meet).
that "someone" is Israel, most of the polititions have been black-mailed by Israeli and other foreign intelligence, thru the use of child sex trade, drug use, MK ultra techniques, and other means to control powerful figure heads

Last edited:
Over 2 months after the event and still the local news in San Antonio, Texas almost nightly brings up "the children in poor old Uvalde". How is closure ever going to happen? I just wish the parents and the victims could see how they are being exploited. The leftist politicians are getting alot of mileage out of the tragedy and will continue to do so until way beyond the mid terms. Pro gun people and the 2nd amendment are both being painted with a "ugly brush" at the moment.
Well they did it again. The local news had a story about how the New Yorker magazine is doing an article on the Uvalde school shooting.They really ought to let that topic alone and let the parents of the victims grieve in their own way. Stop churning it up. Exploitation!

The Dems and Republicans in Washington DC are playing for the same secret team. they are both controlled opposistion, and we Goyim/fools take the bait every time!
I had to update my comment:

Here's the thing folks:
Have you noticed, the Right has all these media news sites that show you all the different ways that the Left members, politicians, media are in trouble because of statements they make, or laws that they break, and the Left has all these media news sites that show you all the different ways that the Right members, politicians, media are in trouble because of statements they make, or laws that they break??!! YET NO ONE IS PROSECUTED OR IN JAIL!!! THEY PIT YOU AGAINST ME, AND ME AGAINST YOU!!

Now this I will say about the Left Wing members only(not the politicians, intelligence community, or media): These people don't seem to be intelligent enough to think for themselves, or take care of themselves!! If they even came close to thinking about the statement above, their eyes would be open, then and only then, "WE THE PEOPLE WOULD CONQUER"!!

I had to update my comment:

Here's the thing folks:

Now this I will say about the Left Wing members only(not the politicians, intelligence community, or media): These people don't seem to be intelligent enough to think for themselves, or take care of themselves!! If they even came close to thinking about the statement above, their eyes would be open, then and only then, "WE THE PEOPLE WOULD CONQUER"!!
Has anyone from either side of the Aisle ever been held accountable? I think not...

BINGO!

I don't know where some people get the idea that a governor runs things. He's just for the most part a figurehead. No governor has ever passed any bill.

I don't know where some people get the idea that a governor runs things. He's just for the most part a figurehead. No governor has ever passed any bill.
I believe any bill passed by the state senate & house goes to the Gov's desk, if he doesn't sign it, I believe it goes back to them. Please correct me if I'm wrong though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back