• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Recent NYS Firearms Law

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a relative statement. If you are 80 what your remember as good is different than if you are 30. So the America that both knew changed, but not in the same way or to the same extent. The only thing you can say for certain is ,"things have changed". Whether the change is good or bad, depends on who you ask. There in lies the problem! People disagree on what is good or bad. However, I agree that the America we knew is constantly changing and it is difficult to know what the end result is going to be. IMHO
Well those that are 80 and those that are 20 will soon have a bad memory!

That is a relative statement. If you are 80 what your remember as good is different than if you are 30. So the America that both knew changed, but not in the same way or to the same extent. The only thing you can say for certain is ,"things have changed". Whether the change is good or bad, depends on who you ask. There in lies the problem! People disagree on what is good or bad. However, I agree that the America we knew is constantly changing and it is difficult to know what the end result is going to be. IMHO
That supply chain isn't broken....it will got more and more and more depleted...as planned!

I think the "right" does use Propaganda, but it is poorly done. IMHO. The Liberals Demorats have learned, that emotional, fear driven propaganda is better and more effective than fact based propaganda. Hence quoting the 2nd Amend, which is useless, because it can be interpreted in many ways, as proven by various rulings, is not nearly as effective as showing "evil" firearms and murdered children. Many people on the right refuse to listen or entertain the fact that what they are doing is both ineffective and stupid, IMHO. When you keep doing the same thing over & over and you keep losing, isn't it time to rethink what you are doing?
In a higher Court ruling, The 2nd Amendment Interpretation is exactly the way it was written. Its a shame that things ever had to go to that level. This and many other examples of wasteful "churn" created by the Left which takes away from more important matters. That The Constitution is a living and breathing Document that the Left can pick and choose from is sheer Baloney!

Enthusiasm for the Supreme Court hasn't been that good lately. Now that the court took away the left's beloved "right"
that they had with Roe vs Wade, esteem for the Court is pretty low. They even want to do some "bodily harm" to certain justices.

In a higher Court ruling, The 2nd Amendment Interpretation is exactly the way it was written. Its a shame that things ever had to go to that level. This and many other examples of wasteful "churn" created by the Left which takes away from more important matters. That The Constitution is a living and breathing Document that the Left can pick and choose from is sheer Baloney!
The reason we have the 1968 GCA and the other 5700 hundred firearm laws on the books at a local ,State & Federal level it that the SCOTUS has ruled, definitively, that the 2ndAmend can be regulated. Even the latest ruling with NYS did not stop regulation of firearms. You understand that, correct? All of our Amendments have limitations on them, including the 2ndAmend. That should be perfectly clear to everyone. IMHO

The reason we have the 1968 GCA and the other 5700 hundred firearm laws on the books at a local ,State & Federal level it that the SCOTUS has ruled, definitively, that the 2ndAmend can be regulated. Even the latest ruling with NYS did not stop regulation of firearms. You understand that, correct? All of our Amendments have limitations on them, including the 2ndAmend. That should be perfectly clear to everyone. IMHO
Well, yes, it is.

All of our Amendments have limitations on them, including the 2ndAmend. That should be perfectly clear to everyone. IMHO
So the 13th amendment has limitations, and the 19th also has limitations I guess your right NO amendment is absolute. BUT since the 2nd is the one and ONLY amendment that contains the sentence " SHALLNOT BE INFRINGED " And it can and is ignored, we can choose what any amendment can be followed or ignored or is it just the ones the gov doesn't like and I am by law required to follow what I am told to or be punished

The ruling decided that it is an individual right. Not a thing that is soley dedicated to Militias . States rights are greater or less depending on whom runs the State. Thats why Liberal run States are bad for Gun owners they hate Gun owners. And also the reason why Billions are spent Nationwide yearly fighting to keep that right when it should not be attacked to begin with.

Last edited:
The Party system doesn't work and it never will. And the reason it will never work is because of stupidity on the side of the voter!!
Instead of looking in to the background, and understanding what the man or women running for that office truly stands for, here is what I consistently hear: "My grand daddy was a democrat, my daddy was a democrat, and me and mine votes democrat!" or Visa Versa!! This above all, is the most stupid, moronic, unintelligent, ignorant, reason in existence today!!

The Party system doesn't work and it never will. And the reason it will never work is because of stupidity on the side of the voter!!
Instead of looking in to the background, and understanding what the man or women running for that office truly stands for, here is what I consistently hear: "My grand daddy was a democrat, my daddy was a democrat, and me and mine votes democrat!" or Visa Versa!! This above all, is the most stupid, moronic, unintelligent, ignorant, reason in existence today!!
I never knew what any family member voted. I'm 62 except for 1 70yo uncle and 1 step brother left alive I don't care how they voted. I vote for who hurts me and mine the lease. Clinton twice Bush twice Obama once Trump twice .In my county we have D and R but my town and village are hardcore R we were farm paper mill and GE people

I never knew what any family member voted. I'm 62 except for 1 70yo uncle and 1 step brother left alive I don't care how they voted. I vote for who hurts me and mine the lease. Clinton twice Bush twice Obama once Trump twice .In my county we have D and R but my town and village are hardcore R we were farm paper mill and GE people

I have even heard this statement many times, especially about Trump.
"I hate Trump and can't stand the way he talks!"

I ask why do you hate him aside from the way he talks? No answer. Oh yeah, I did get this answer from one fool: "he kills people". I asked who he kills....no answer.

Then I'll ask, well what is it about the way he talks that makes you hate him? No answer.

My theory is, whether you like the person or hate the person, you vote on the basis of what that person stands for or against. Where the person is from, what that persons religion, what that persons race, what that person looks like, how rich or poor that person is, has nothing to do with what that person stands for or against!! THAT IS UP TO "YOU" TO FIND OUT AND NOT FROM SOMEONE ELSE, THE NEWS MEDIA, OR FROM HIGH TECH!!! YOU AND YOU ALONE SHOULD DO THE RESEARCH!!

Last edited:
Anyone planning on using, carrying and or hunting in New York, with a muzzleloader, would do well to read the new law that was signed. The new law does redefine the word “rifle” to include any muzzleloader rifle, flintlock rifle and black powder rifle, in the same category as a modern rifle. The term rifle is also used to describe the type of weapon that is not permitted in a restricted location. Likewise, the term “shotgun” has been redefined to include any muzzleloading shotgun, flintlock shotgun and blackpowder shotgun in the same category as a modern shotgun. Previously any muzzleloader was classified as an antique and in large part exempt. So read the law carefully so as not to be the one made an example of.

colimr that's fine, but what I am trying to get across, is what is good for America and freedom. We can't vote on just what benefits me and my family, we need to chose the best person to further our way of life that includes freedom from oppressive policies. This is just a simple example, but more would include fighting for unborn children to have the right to a full life, the right to defend ourselves, our friends, our Country, the right to express free speech when we feel an oppressive policy is being instituted, if you are a religious person the right to believe in your faith, the right to all of these things without be persecuted!!! There is a lot more.

Is it one of those laws where you'd need a lawyer to interpret it? It sounds like it's going to be left up to the individual game warden or law enforcement officer to interpret this new law. There could be some "undesirable" consequences.

So the 13th amendment has limitations, and the 19th also has limitations I guess your right NO amendment is absolute. BUT since the 2nd is the one and ONLY amendment that contains the sentence " SHALLNOT BE INFRINGED " And it can and is ignored, we can choose what any amendment can be followed or ignored or is it just the ones the gov doesn't like and I am by law required to follow what I am told to or be punished
When the federal government willfully does break the laws of the land, and the states willfully break the laws of their own states, then the citizen starts to say, "If the governments break and disobey the laws, then why should I obey the laws that they make?", and we as a nation delve in to the pit of anarchy!

These oppressive politicians and media don't realize how close this Country is to turning on all of them!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back