• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Recent NYS Firearms Law

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To get back on point so that it doesn't get locked, this new law isn't going to stop my Adirondacks trip.

Logistically, the motel that I usually stay at assured me that I am still welcome and has a room set aside.

I was going to take a flintlock this year anyway, so the Renegade fits nicely in a lockable hard case that I had already.

I'm only going to bring enough powder to get me through the week, so I should be good to go. Drive the speed limit and keep a low profile.

This isn't the country I envisioned as I get older.

Yes, this is a Muzzle loading Forum. However it,s a fact that many restrictions past and present are the spawn of Liberal Democrats. I like many others whom lived in Democratic controlled States witnessed the slow decay of Rights and further restrictions.....all the while having no effect on their criminal voter base. You may not like what im saying....sometimes the truth hurts.
I do not disagree that Demorats have been at the forefront of trying to restrict & curtail 2nd Amend rights. I have lived in PA, AZ, IN, CT, NJ, Calif. I know the difference between a Red State and a Blue State. That is one reason I live in SC now.

It is not blind allegiance. Those voting Blue like the platform better. Period. it is that simple. They actually think Roe v Wade is more important than Firearms. Imagine that. When the GOP takes its head out of its butt and starts to see reality, then maybe things will get better. However, using the same;
#1. unfounded false claims of fraud
#2. Conspiracies,
#3. Deep State
#4. QAnon
#5. Whining about 2ndAmend rights with the same tired rhetoric

Has worn many people out and they are leaning left now. It is what it is. Not hard to see when you open your eyes. IMHO
Why are you here?

Why are you here?
Everyone has to be somewhere? It is a firearm forum. I like firearms, always have. This is Not a Republican/Conservative convention. Many people from all walks of life enjoy firearms. I believe in understanding all sides of an issue and that everyone's opinion is important. How about you?

So I’m going to the range Saturday to shoot my muzzleloaders and unmentionables. I generally keep a cable lock on the unmentionables and store them in a rifle bags. SOP. My flintlocks I generally keep in there socks. I never thought I’d need to secure them with either a cable lock wrapped around the stock through the trigger and around the lock and hammer. 😂 or some type of trigger lock which I don’t own. I’m thinking it will be easier just to remove the lock and store it in my glove box along with the screw(s) and side plate. Could probably do the same with the unmentionables simply pulling the bolts. Is that going to far to avoid confrontation with the law? If the rifles are not functional I would consider them safe? I have a case for the flintlocks but dragging it along is a hassle. I have not heard of anyone being hassled leaving the Range but I imagine you could be just because the way things are today.

If you NY guys are lucky the mentally defective Gov. Hoechul will be defeated! As confusing as some laws are just reenforces my reason not to pay attention to most of them!;)
It was good fortune that the Life Time Dictator Cuomo had to abdicate the Throne. Otherwise you'd be stuck with him for years to come. At some point he'd try to eliminate term limits, kind of like Putin.

This is a firearm forum, not a Republican Conservative Political forum. Diverse opinions should be what we look for, not listening to ourselves over and over. I have voted Conservative Republican my entire life, including Trump twice (yeck!) That is because the liberal platform was worse. I don't disagree with many of your statements, but I do think we as "adults" should be open to hearing all sides of an argument. Then we can make informed intelligent decisions. Making broad brush assumptions about people, groups etc, is never accurate or valid. IMHO
Thank you for listening. I think everyone's opinion is important.
I can agree with some of your assertions, but I'm not sure that overall public opinion is slipping to liberalism. I'll stick by my blind allegiance theory, it seems a good explanation. It has resulted in non thinking, emotional reacting voters.

People tend to no longer even consider the other side of the aisle. They get twisted up and dismiss that which challenges their views. Cognitive Dissonance, I guess.

I'm willing to bet that we will slowly lose the 2A fight, as "mass shootings," continue. And gun crime continues. It doesn't matter that new laws and new restrictions won't fix the problem of criminality. People see a need to do "something," and politicians are great at doing something when it achieves nothing. That's where they excel.

When the 2A goes, the only obstacle to what our founding fathers feared will be gone.

I can agree with some of your assertions, but I'm not sure that overall public opinion is slipping to liberalism. I'll stick by my blind allegiance theory, it seems a good explanation. It has resulted in non thinking, emotional reacting voters.

People tend to no longer even consider the other side of the aisle. They get twisted up and dismiss that which challenges their views. Cognitive Dissonance, I guess.

I'm willing to bet that we will slowly lose the 2A fight, as "mass shootings," continue. And gun crime continues. It doesn't matter that new laws and new restrictions won't fix the problem of criminality. People see a need to do "something," and politicians are great at doing something when it achieves nothing. That's where they excel.

When the 2A goes, the only obstacle to what our founding fathers feared will be gone.
I agree with your sentiment, unfortunately. People are voting now on a single issue, whether it is 2ndAmend, Abortion, Economy, Immigration etc. They do not take the time to actually look deep into the issue or study the ramifications of what may truly happen if a particular law is passed or right taken away. Laws are what keep most of us going day to day but there is always that element of society that disregards the laws if it interferes with their perception of what is right or wrong or if it curtails their planned anti social (criminal ) activities. I think the left will continue to try and chip away at 2ndAmend rights. If the 2nd Amend is revoked etc or abridged, modified etc. There will be those who will disregard the changes they do not agree with. Just look around. Do you think everyone will suddenly stand up and march down to the local PD to turn in all their firearms? I don't think so. Politicians are politicians, "People see a need to do "something," and politicians are great at doing something when it achieves nothing. That's where they excel". The "feel good" thing is real., and politicians know it. The 2ndAmend does not protect anyone from a tyrannical govt. in this day and age. If the govt were to go bad, people will do what they need to do, one way or the other. Look around the world. Many places people have stood against their govt, good or bad, and they did not have a 2nd Amendment. The founding fathers did not have a 2ndAmend!!! I want my 2nd Amend rights so I can protect myself & family from potential threats(crime), not because I think I can stand against a determined govt. I will need more than that if push comes to shove.! Many people are blind to what is going on around us, they close themselves off from different opinions, different perspective, as if by putting their head in the sand , it will somehow just go away and make them right. LOL, Wrong. It is here to stay, and we need to learn how to deal with it, work with it and make it as favorable as we can , because to think that what is happening in the world and here in the USA is going to change back to what it was 50 years ago, think again. IMHO

Founding fathers didn’t need a 2nd amendment, for the most part, guns were a necessity and a way of life back them. Britain eventually got around to banning/confiscating in certain areas of the colonies, but it was too late. The fuse was lit.

When you say that a 2nd amendment won’t protect us from tyranny, I disagree. I’ve heard Biden’s statement along those same lines, that you need missiles and jets to fight now. I would offer up the Taliban as my argument. All of our technology…. And they simply waited us out. All of Russia’s technology and might 30 years ago. The Taliban fought them with muskets in some cases.

Most people will walk right down to the police department and turn in their guns when the edict is issued. Australia complied, Britain complied. Doesn’t mean that all will, but those who don’t become felons. It will be a dark day and a difficult choice. By the time the damage is realized, it will be a few generations down the road. Hitler and Stalin were more unique in their takeovers, very rapid once disarmament occurred. Politicians are more patient, death by a thousand cuts. If you do it right, those who remember are gone before the next step phases in.

NY states governor is going too fast and too obviously as a knee jerk to the Supreme Court. She’s inexperienced, but she will learn to temper her agenda a little. Democrats own guns too, and this doesn’t set well with the.

Let me put it this Way. The NJ Legislature proposed a law that your Gun and Ammo be locked up separate in your Home. Now they are Legislating what you can and cannot do right in your very own Domicile. Look it up if you doubt me. And some sit back and wonder why People feel the way they do towards a Particular Political Party. Its enough for me to know what direction I need to go come Elections. The "that will never happen" mentality is what brought us to the Crossroads of which we are at now. Rant over...

Founding fathers didn’t need a 2nd amendment, for the most part, guns were a necessity and a way of life back them. Britain eventually got around to banning/confiscating in certain areas of the colonies, but it was too late. The fuse was lit.

When you say that a 2nd amendment won’t protect us from tyranny, I disagree. I’ve heard Biden’s statement along those same lines, that you need missiles and jets to fight now. I would offer up the Taliban as my argument. All of our technology…. And they simply waited us out. All of Russia’s technology and might 30 years ago. The Taliban fought them with muskets in some cases.

Most people will walk right down to the police department and turn in their guns when the edict is issued. Australia complied, Britain complied. Doesn’t mean that all will, but those who don’t become felons. It will be a dark day and a difficult choice. By the time the damage is realized, it will be a few generations down the road. Hitler and Stalin were more unique in their takeovers, very rapid once disarmament occurred. Politicians are more patient, death by a thousand cuts. If you do it right, those who remember are gone before the next step phases in.

NY states governor is going too fast and too obviously as a knee jerk to the Supreme Court. She’s inexperienced, but she will learn to temper her agenda a little. Democrats own guns too, and this doesn’t set well with the.
When Biden said "you better bring missiles and Tanks" that a pretty scary statement. Insight as to how they look at not only The 2A but the Citizenry in general.

When Biden said "you better bring missiles and Tanks" that a pretty scary statement. Insight as to how they look at not only The 2A but the Citizenry in general.
I don't disagree, and I don't mean to imply that I'm a left of center person. Especially on the 2nd Amendment issue. I simply believe that none of our politicians want a solution to any problem. It's bad for business. Then you add in the list for power, and some very bizarre positions on certain issues...

I do not think the Taliban had a 2nd Amend? How will it make a difference? It is a law, like many other laws. Some will follow it, others won't. So, whether we have an actual law or not, will not prevent people from organizing and fighting against a tyrannical govt. It never has any where else in the world. It will indeed be a dark day, because it will mean that if the govt can change one Constitutional Amend., it can changes others. They will do it with votes, not bullets. That is the real sad truth , that people will actually allow it to happen and many will agree with it. (IMHO)

Let me put it this Way. The NJ Legislature proposed a law that your Gun and Ammo be locked up separate in your Home. Now they are Legislating what you can and cannot do right in your very own Domicile. Look it up if you doubt me. And some sit back and wonder why People feel the way they do towards a Particular Political Party. Its enough for me to know what direction I need to go come Elections. The "that will never happen" mentality is what brought us to the Crossroads of which we are at now. Rant over...
People allow this to happen by voting for Liberal platforms. By the time they figure out it is about "control", not just firearms, it will be too late. IMHO

Biden was making a comment that meant, "you and your AR are not going to be able to prevail against the govt." That is all it meant, and unfortunately, he is correct.

To get back on point so that it doesn't get locked, this new law isn't going to stop my Adirondacks trip.

Logistically, the motel that I usually stay at assured me that I am still welcome and has a room set aside.

I was going to take a flintlock this year anyway, so the Renegade fits nicely in a lockable hard case that I had already.

I'm only going to bring enough powder to get me through the week, so I should be good to go. Drive the speed limit and keep a low profile.

This isn't the country I envisioned as I get older.
I hope you have a great and successful trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back