• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Reboring

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eggwelder

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Want to get a Mavi (investarms) barrel rebored To .54. It’s a .50, but ringed and pretty pitted. Is there anyone in Canada doing it?
i`d send it south to Hoyt, but kinda want it back. Not sure how it will be treated at the border, and USPS has been dismal of late.

walkingeagle looked into that to. im sure he will answer you but i think sending it, the chances of it making it there and back into Canada are slim.
as far as someone reboring a barrel in Canada. i don't know of anyone.
ou
tom

Yeah, thats the trick, isn`t it? Getting it back.
I`m out to Alberta in the summer, there’s a young fellow out there who may do the work, i`ve been told.

Copy-paste from CGN I got this info, I have heard his name before.
"Hello
You could try Ron Smith to redo your barrel. He defiantly would be the barrel maker to talk to about the project and it’s practically. He’s in Alberta and I have the number for him."

going to call him, if he`s good, I`ll get my zouave barrel relined or refreshed as well

Last edited by a moderator:
I just called the number, it is the guy- he`s an older gentleman. I`ll be heading his way late summer early fall.

Walk, copy that info, I`m going to ask the mods to remove it- had a brain fart and thought I was PMing you.

Back