• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Rear sight on a type G English trade gun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rich pierce

70 Cal.
Reaction score
This is a relic found in a creek in Georgia if I am recalling correctly.

06-81-1-1WELDtopdetail2.jpg

06-81-1-1WELDtopdetail.jpg

Here is the "winged" style brass rear sight.

Williamsgunrearsight.jpg

The lock

Williamsstampclose-up.jpg

wholeWilliamslock.jpg

closeupoflockinstock.jpg

sideplate

serpent-breechleftside.jpg

Amazing :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Makes me wonder who,what,where,when,how but we will never know

You ain't alone, either. I found one when I was a teenager but have no idea what became of it.

We need one of those Artist's Reconstructions so we can tell us what we're looking at. I don't see much rearsightish on the barrel, though I guess there is a raised lug or profile feature where the flat ends . . . if I squint just right. From the remains it may just be the wedding band unless I'm not looking at the right glob. Or is he indicating where the "winged style" sight was but is no longer attached?

So, Rich, have you got a new hobby updating Hamilton's work. :) Definitely a fixer-upper. Just had a thought, maybe it was a canoe gun that fell in.

Bill

Latest posts

Back