• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Really disappointed in TOW customer service...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AZbpBurner said:
If it were mine, there are only 2 choices one already mentioned: send it to Jim Chambers for proper fitting.

OR:

Fill & redrill the current frizzen.

All the other tweaking, twiddling, complaining, flapping of jaws and gnashing of teeth are all superfluous complications to a simple remedy.
Another option is to buy a frizzen, drill the pivot hole in the proper place, harden & temper the frizzen and mount.

Of the 3, sending the lock to Mr. Chambers is the best option (in my opinion).

Track just didn't want to deal with it, so they said it couldn't be fixed...either that or the person that looked at it is incompetent

As pointed out, TOTW is a consignment shop. "It couldn't be fixed" by them. (It could be fixed. ) That's not the first rifle that I've seen on their site that in my opinion should not have been priced as it was because of obvious flaws..., but that's not how they work. They don't really vet the pieces too much. The owner, sometimes builder, sends them the rifle and then negotiates what the owner wants for it, and TOTW ads some more money to that price which TOTW keeps. (imho) People assume that TOTW looks hard at the rifles that they sell on consignment, but from some of the rifles that I've seen, compared to the prices posted...., they don't look very hard at all, especially if the rifle is a builder-project and that builder has gotten a high price in the past. :shocked2:

Technically, it isn't dishonest, because they offer an inspection period and, caveat emptor applies. It's not how I would run that facet of a business, BUT nobody asked me to run it. :wink:

LD

Loyalist Dave said:
Track just didn't want to deal with it, so they said it couldn't be fixed...either that or the person that looked at it is incompetent

As pointed out, TOTW is a consignment shop. "It couldn't be fixed" by them. (It could be fixed. )

Not exactly...they said it couldn't be fixed because it would require such rework that was not possible since the lock was already inlet into the stock...which implies new lock. I specifically asked two questions: 1) Could their gunsmith fix it? 2) Would they consider paying (or the seller).

I've dealt with Tracks for many years now and understand they are consignment and how it works. But, if you never ask, you have zero chance of getting. If they knew it could be fixed, I'd have just appreciated a "our gunsmith could fix it, but we won't consider reimbursement" reply.

Anyway enough of this topic. :dead:

I also just had a bad experience with Track of the Wolf also I ordered a French trade knife for my 77 year old father for Christmas and what they sent looks nothing like what I ordered and said that the batch looks different I guess buyer beware..I will not be purchasing from them anymore.

I can't tell from your post. Did you call them and let them know they sent the wrong one? Did you return it? I have never had problems with them so I am surprised. :confused:

Dave

It's too bad Greg Paine left there last year. He was a really sensitive consumer-oriented guy. I think he had some health issues (not related to the job).

Back