• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

real or not?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In a zoomable picture it looks pretty crude.

big flinter.jpg

Doesn't look like a cheap tourist trade gun to me. I think it is a fairly nice modern repro, but I am in no way an expert [or even an amateur] on those critters. :rolleyes: Polecat

At first glance, something doesn’t seem right. Barrel and cock don’t seem right with the lockplate and the wood, unless it a tourist piece or a not to well thought out replica of something….. then it’s what I would expect. Normally I would stay firmly planted on my wallet, primarily because I don’t know. But if it’s going for peanuts, why not pick it up?

If it's going for "peanuts", the worst that can happen is you will have a really cool wall hanger for the "Man Cave". You do have a Man Cave, don't you?

I checked and it sold, it was going for $125 last time I looked.

The Facebook page is a neat way to circumvent the rules, pictures only, no text that says "gun", "bullet", "magazine" or anything in text about what is being sold so the Facebook algorithms don't pick it up. I am surprised just how many modern guns pass through the site, usually a 3-day auction, many of the reserves are not met. Every now and then a sidelock B/P gun comes up, they tend to go low.

Last edited:
Back