• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Real Black Powder & Smokeless....

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Once I run out of the commercial stuff, it'll be home made from then on. I researched and learned how to make my own in the event we have another plant closure like we had with Goex. Just so happens I have a willow tree in my back yard, so I've got an almost unlimited supply of potential charcoal. The other two ingredients are easy and cheap enough to get. Plus it's fun making smoke with my own powder.

Make BP in uk it’s 3-5 years in prison. An I cannot buy it without explosive permit cannot shoot my guns either , police taking away guns everywhere from reports I am having. It’s very frustrating France is the answer just what to do. However I have pcp bsa scorpios at 12 ft lbs ok for 50 yards no licence needed I’ll be 81 in March such is life

Saw 5LBS. of one powder at over $300!
This actually may not be that bad, depending on the powder. For these perilous times anyway.

I just want 1 pound each of Unique and 2400. Not to be had anywhere!
I saw some locally on Saturday. It was more than I would pay though. I believe it was either 59.99 or 69.99 a pound.
I'll pass. Think I'll go fishing until it comes down. Thankfully I've got enough smokeless pistol powder to last a decade or so. Smokeless pistol powder is a different story. I paid $58.99 for a pound a month or so ago. Killed me, but I needed it.

Was at a gun show this past weekend too. Any powder you wanted there, if you would pay for it. I didn't see many people paying for it though.

Not sure where this thread really belongs, so here goes.
If you are looking for smokeless powder for your modern firearms, or, real black powder for your muzzleloaders, and are having difficulty finding either, take a look at this!

I was looking for powder for my modern rifle. went to "GUN BROKER", type in "gun powder" in the search, unbelievable prices!! 1-LB $179.00!! Then I just did a search of gun powder and various brands and types showed up. Saw 5LBS. of one powder at over $300! So happy I stocked up in 2016-2020!
Yeah, they were "rip off" prices from a few years ago. The Great Ammo Shortage, BTW, was caused in no small part, by local dealers and distributors Hoarding ammo stocks; locking cases away for future price rises. Granted, the big ammo factories were shut down by covid panic isolation. Maybe the Afghans will sell us some of the billions of rounds Biden, the great military/warrior king, abandoned in that forsaken land. GOEX being back in business is a blessing almost impossible to imagine a couple years ago! If you also shoot modern-type guns, STOCK UP NOW! Caps, BP, even flints! Labor Day is bringing more "shortages" once again, timed to the November election.

I bought one can of 2F today from the only supplier within reasonable driving distance. $47.80 after taxes. I almost passed out. Then, on my way home I stopped at a tobbaco/cigar/pipe store to get a new smoking pipe. Bought a name brand for $52.00. Got home and tried to light it. Would not light. Took it apart and found THERE IS NO HOLE FROM THE STEM TO THE BOWL! What is happening? Oh, also while handling this "nice" Italian made pipe, the bowl varnish came off in my hands. What a mess. I still say I was born 200 years to late. If I had lived then, I'd have bought a flintlock rifle and a clay pipe, hit the mountains never to be heard from again.

Make BP in uk it’s 3-5 years in prison. An I cannot buy it without explosive permit cannot shoot my guns either , police taking away guns everywhere from reports I am having. It’s very frustrating France is the answer just what to do. However I have pcp bsa scorpios at 12 ft lbs ok for 50 yards no licence needed I’ll be 81 in March such is life
That's absolutely ridiculous. I could not imagine living in such a restrictive society. Unfortunately, if the evil left gets its way here, one day soon we may also be facing the slammer for doing simple things. Luckily we still have many lawmakers that believe in small government and individual freedoms. I pity you, I really do.

I have enough stuff set back to last me the rest of my life. You should too. Shortages never effect me. I still buy when the price is right. It will all be like gold once they outlaw everything.
I've got enough for a year or two.
I'm only 43. If I have enough to last the rest of my life, things have gone horribly wrong. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping that I'm only at about the halfway point.

Latest posts

Back