• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Ready for M/L deer season

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kwilfong

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I got out for a short session to verify my zero & grouping with my "Project Hawken" (Cabela's Hawken w/GM .50 RB barrel). Here's 3 @ 50 yards:
001-16.jpg

75gr SWISS FFg, .495 Hornady swaged ball, .018 patch w/homebrew lube. She'd been loaded since Monday & went off fine.
AR M/L season starts Satuday! :grin: I've never killed one with a frontstuffer & am anxious.

What road we huntin from!lol. ML hunting is the only way to go and it looks like you have her dialed in for the big one. Hey that is fine shooting with a good looking rifle. Wish you the best of luck show photos of the harvest. Report any game violations you find.

Good luck with your hunt. Just something special about gettin one with a muzzleloader. BTW good shooting. :hatsoff:

I'm a happy hunter! .495 PRB did good; broke a rib going in, creased the liver, centerpunched the heart, & made mush out of the lungs. My 1st M/L deer :)
005-3.jpg

003-7.jpg

Pressure's off & I can relax & enjoy my hunting.

Spent a weeks and a half in the woods and loved it. It was great to get back in the woods!

I had a good time, considering it was bow season. I nailed two does and the meat will be greatly appreciated.

I still am waiting for our ML season to start (Nov. 5th to 18th). I will be taking my T/C Big Boar (.58 cal.) into the woods.

TCBigBoar58Cal-4.jpg

I will be using PRBs in it. This will be a first time using them in the woods.

Congratulations on a nice deer and a well placed shot. I suspect that the more you hunt with a traditional muzzle loader, the more you will like it.

I killed a pretty good 9-point this morning :grin: Pics to follow when I get back from the butcher shop.

9-Point001.jpg

He came by about 8:15 this morning going after a pack of does that I didn't see until afterwards. Shot him slightly quartering away at about 60 yards through the lungs & he took a few steps & fell.
He stunk bad until I got him cleaned up. I dropped him off at the butcher shop & picked up the sausage & backstrap from the 6-point.
So far, so good :grin:

Back