• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

re-newbe

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swintoga

32 Cal
Reaction score
Howdy, became a member but had trouble logging back in.....my fault. I live in the Adirondack foothills of New York. I'm 68 and have loved the woods all my life. Mohawk roots. My first muzzle loader was a Mowrey Hawk 50 cal. purchased in 75. Still have it., still love it. Looking forward to the knowledge here.
swintoga

Welcome to the Forum. We are glad to have you here. Sounds like you have a good bit to contribute. I have driven around the Adirondacks, but didn't have the opportunity to explore them. Are they as wild as they appear, or are they dotted with cottages? You have a proud heritage.

Richard/Grumpa

Welcome to the Forum. We are glad to have you here. Sounds like you have a good bit to contribute. I have driven around the Adirondacks, but didn't have the opportunity to explore them. Are they as wild as they appear, or are they dotted with cottages? You have a proud heritage.

Richard/Grumpa
Replied yesterday but it looks like it didn't go through. There are homes and camps in the Adirondack Mts. but you won't find any in the deep woods or high peaks. Most people are unaware the Adirondack Park is larger than the Everglades, Glacier,Yellowstone and Grand Canyon COMBINED.

Am I glad I asked that question :)
Thanks for your response, I just learned something pretty amazing. I try to avoid States where I can't carry, but now there are two strong draws - Old Fort Johnson, and the wilds of the Adirondacks! (I have been to Fort Ticonderoga, but definitely need to return.)

Richard/Grumpa

Back