• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

SOLD Rare Opportunity - New Bolek Maciaszczyk Wheellock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Bolek is probably the finest maker of reproduction wheellocks in the world. His creations are not only historically accurate but are paired with modern engineering techniques that makes for a strong internal mechanism. Last year, I ordered two wheel locks (locks only) from Bolek as I have learned the hard way from ordering a completed "puffer" that the custom duties are outrageous! I am keeping a musket size lock but am selling the slightly smaller lock. The picture shows the lock with a Leonard Day Dutch trade musket as I had planned to repurpose the musket with the wheellock. I am selling the lock at my cost which is 1800 USD. The lock comes with a spanner made for the lock by Bolek. Anyone familiar with Bolek's work knows it takes a year or two for him to make a lock, so this is a great opportunity if you want a first class, reliable, hard-working wheellock. This lock sparks like crazy and I'll throw in a supply of pyrite I received from Bolek. The Leonard Day musket may also be bought at cost $1500.00. Shipping, insurance, and any PP fees are extra.
Wheellock for sale.jpg

Oops! I actually paid 1100 USD for the lock. My bad!!

If I could give a little advice. I think I would recommend ending this sale and reposting with the price correction. Are you saying the price is now $1100 or still $1800? I'm still not sure, also you gave the information in such a way one has to read through your post 2 or 3 time to be sure what lock is for sale. maybe list the price and Item, where it is in the photo "unmounted lock on the right" then below that give all the other info. It's not that the maker and how why you have it are not important, they just need to be separated from the price and terms.

In my humble opinion

For those who didn't notice, you are in the Classified Ad location on the forum. This is not the place to start a conversation about anything except for the lock being offered for sale.

If anyone reading this or any other advertisement in the Classified Ad area want to ask specific questions about the item being offered, feel free to do it.

For any other question you may have, please start a topic in the other areas of the forum that deal with whatever the item is.
In the case of a Wheel Lock or a Dog Lock, that would be in the Pre-Flintlock area.

The wheelock shown above is $1100.00 plus any shipping or handling costs. This is the actual price I paid for the lock. This is a really sturdy lock unlike other less reliable versions on the market. When you wind it up with the spanner, it sets with a really satisfying "click" and sparks like crazy. This size lock could be used for anything from a cavalry pistol to a musket.

The musket is $1500 if anyone is interested.

Hi, are these still for sale? are these just for the lock? I have some questions about the logistics about actually owning one of these.

oh ok, regarding Bolek, It seems to be a common theme to order locks from him in this community, how long did it take for him to hand make a lock for you? who builds the rest of the gun? Is this only something for people who have great craftsmanship skills or tons of cash? Can a wheellock be built for around $2000?

Oh, there are Wheelocks that can be made for plus/minus $2000 but you get what you pay for. Bolecks locks are so well made that the inherent weakness of wheellock mechanisms is not a factor. He understands the physics and geometry so well, they just work right. His waiting list is about a year to year and a half. The reason everyone is forced to buy his locks and then have them stocked over here is cost. I had him make a pistol and it cost an arm and a leg go get it through customs. The locks he made just sailed through the post office directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back