• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Range report. Peach is SUCH a good girl!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
"Peach" is my 32 inch barrelled TC Pennsylvania Hunter flintlock.
I broke in a Lyman double. 490 ball mold. Balls dropped at .491 and weighed 179 grains, +/- .5 grain. I'll take that!
I used my regular .015 Ox Yoke pre lubed patches, an Ox Yoke pre lubed. 54/.56 wad and 70 grains of 3f Swiss.
Range was 50 yards, using the factory open/ bead sights.
First 3 were 5/8ths inch.
Second 3 were 11/16ths inch
Being rather excited by these results, I HAD to blow the last 3 by failing proper follow through... Remember! "Keep yer wooden head on the wooden stock!" as a bud's grandfather used to say... They were scattergunners, but it is EQUALLY good advice for flintlockers too!
Wanted to cry...
Peach is far and away my most accurate and consistent flintlock. SO glad I took a chance on her!
Chuck Dixon told me the Pennsylvania Hunters were " The best rifles TC ever made."
Ummm... YEP!

This is " Peach". I threw in pics of recovered patches. These are .015 prelubed Ox Yokes.I put a .54/.56 was overpowder. For whatever reason, I shoot Peach better than I've ever shot any flintlock. I've a couple rifle guns that were just meant to be mine. Peach is one of them.
20211013_130853.jpg
20211013_130949.jpg
20211013_130926.jpg
20211029_122958.jpg

Back